News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Quote from: Teither on September 04, 2010, 12:27:15 PM
Can anyone remember when we called a halt to the Thursday evening sessions last year, due to darkness descended ? I ask particularly because I believe Gary Scott is intending to come along, with some new rods, on 16 September. I shouldn't imagine there'd be much light after 7.30 by then, and since most folk don't arrive till after 7pm .... ??

Teither 

I can't remember Jim, but as you say it should be soon. I would guess this Thursday may be the last before the switchover?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Malcolm

I had a look at sunset time  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=90

At this time of year we get very little time between sunset and darkness so I think 1935 next Thursday is cutting it fine considering it's a 1900 start. Especially with a world champion guest.

Interesting to watch the wee fox tonight passing within a few feet of us. Teither, they are of course sneaky thieves, should your DTX disappear you'll know what's to blame. Just being helpful.   

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

scotty9

Quote from: Malcolm on September 10, 2010, 01:15:43 AM

Interesting to watch the wee fox tonight passing within a few feet of us. Teither, they are of course sneaky thieves, should your DTX disappear you'll know what's to blame. Just being helpful.   

Malcolm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

haresear

I had a look at sunset time  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=90

At this time of year we get very little time between sunset and darkness so I think 1935 next Thursday is cutting it fine considering it's a 1900 start. Especially with a world champion guest.

Malcolm

You are right Malcolm. I'll go along early anyway, but it looks like Sundays from now on.

We had fun tonight. Denbo from Gambia was out running and stopped to chat. He adopted Teither as "daddy" and got some casting instruction in return.

Malcolm tried Harelug's Sage set up and liked it. I tried Malcolm's Harrison #3 rod and liked it. Harelug tried my Orvis rod and liked it but couldn't get on with Malcolm's at all. One man's meat....

Talking of meat, the kebab-eating fox turned up again. I'm sure it is looking to brush up on its casting technique, but on the other hand it was eying and stalking the Knightswood park swans quite intently for Christmas dinner, in between checking out the litter bins.

Once we go to Sunday morning switchover (I'll likely be fishing this coming Sunday) I'll video us for critical analysis on the day. Should be an eye opener for many of us. I know I was horrified to see a front view of myself casting. Then again a front view of myself is always pretty unpleasant, rod in hand or not...

Alex  
Protect the edge.

Teither

Malcolm

They sure are sneaky thieves, and they're not alone ! But I've shot a few of those sneaky thieves in my time .. and jailed a few as well !!
Just being helpful !!   :D :D :D

Open-eyed Teither !

Teither

Quote from: Alan on September 11, 2010, 06:46:26 PM
one for the salmon types, Andrew Toft, has offered to come to the cc and do a bit on spey casting with you, he is busy with this stuff so asks when would be the best time for everyone to be there that is interested, im guessing its a sunday but decide which one would suit and ill let him know.

Alan,
        Two points from one of " the salmon types " - 1  -  Would look forward to another Andrew visit. Any Sunday does me. I'm there from just after 9am every Sunday, bar the sixth Sunday of each month.
                                                                       2  -  Given your condescending tone re " salmon types " can it be assumed that you are not the " Zoomer " who has just joined the Salmon Fishing Forum ?  :makefun :makefun

OET

Malcolm

There's a Glasgow Casting club thread there too..
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Teither

Quote from: Alan on September 11, 2010, 08:00:55 PM

now im wondering what you do every 6th sunday at 6 mins to 6 :shock:

Usually I'm practising my spelling !

OET

haresear

Three things conspire against me coming to the Glasgow club this Thursday.

1) It will be dark early o'clock
2) The weather is carp
3) Traffic - the pope's visit is on Thursday and the traffic will be even worse than usual.

Sorry I won't make it guys. Looks like I'm switching to Sundays from now on - possibly starting this Sunday, or maybe next.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on September 14, 2010, 10:21:36 PM
3) Traffic - the pope's visit is on Thursday

Is he not coming along for a quick cast?    :D

Go To Front Page