News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on September 14, 2010, 10:36:10 PM
No, he told me he was feeling a bit ruffe

Sorry to hear that Alex. It's a ruddy shame he can't make it.

Malcolm

Unfortunately I won't be there either. I'll now be loading a van ready for a 4am drive to Bristol. Deep joy.

Should Benedict happen to find the time to pop in for a cast perhaps he can help exorcise Alans voodoos and snakes?
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Malcolm

Well I did go down tonight. I'm glad I did. Gary Scott is a wonderful teacher and a thoroughly good guy. I'm not very good with the double hander and things that are second nature to me with the single hander are just so difficult with the double hander. I learn best by watching and asking questions and watching him spey cast something like 170 - 180 feet was a jaw dropping experience.

Suffice it to say that by the end of the evening I was casting much further and much better than I would have dreamed possible. He's a great caster and an even better teacher.

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

jimmul

What time are you lads there on sunday, as I might call that way, on the way north if I manage to get out of my pit early enough
Jim

haresear

Quote from: jimmul on September 17, 2010, 12:49:48 AM
What time are you lads there on sunday, as I might call that way, on the way north if I manage to get out of my pit early enough
Jim

Jim, being a troot man, I'll likely not appear on Sundays until the 7th October.

Those poor souls afflicted by salaritus :), even Denbo from The Gambia, should be there from around 9..ish until 12, when the equally insane model boat crew give us a broadside and take over.

It is worth staying around at this point as one particularly devious "boater" has a radio controlled mallard, which he uses to great effect. :D

Alex
Protect the edge.

scotty9

Oh I've just seen a controversial statement in amongst the posts, I'm sure Alan will pick up on it  :lol:

jimmul

Alex , it's the the salaritus that is bringing me north from sunny Yorkshire, but if your not there I will maybe catch you next
Jim

Teither

Not sure if I'm doing something technically wrong here but it seems that when I try to post on the back of a " quote " my post does a disappearing trick.

Anyway I had a couple of tries earlier to add my tuppenceworth to Malcolm's post re Gary Scott etc at the CC on Thursday night. I wanted to say that Malcolm is a bit guilty on this occasion of understating what he achieved. Although an obviously strong caster he was maybe a wee bit indisciplined with the two hander, as he was when he first took Gary's 18' rod in hand. But in quite quick order he made a major style breakthrough and seemed to step out of his own cloud into a golden halo, from which wonderful long casts, with perfect loops, started to sail up to 50 yards, and maybe even a wee bit more on a couple of occasions.

Whether this miracle was in some way connected with simultaneous events over at Bellahouston only Malcolm, and possibly wee Benedict, will know. But it really was almost miraculous - and real ! I was there and I saw it.  :D At any rate I can easily foresee that Malcolm, once he's come back to earth, will soon be giving up all the actual fishing nonsense,stop wasting his time with hooks etc  and start properly devoting himself to the practice of the art of speycasting, probably competitively. Toft, Downey, Costello etc etc  look out ! Someone's coming for you !

Quite a few of us also had a go with the big [ as opposed to wee ] 18 footer. And the point of this homily, Mr Haresear is to advise you and other trooties that if things continue as they started on Thursday there may soon be nae room for the kiddy-on rod wielders on the water. So a good tip might be that you shouldn't wait too long before reappearing on Sundays. You may need to stake yourselves a claim on the grassy bit !  :D Up near the kiddies' playpark might be an available site  .. and an apt one !  :makefun And you'd be immune from salaritis ... unless you might be tempted into a wee bit of contagion ?

Malcolm, we bow before thee !  :D

Wide-eyed Teither

Brian Mcg

I had a wee lesson from Gary Scott at a recent Meeting and it took approx 2 seconds to see what i was doing wrong.
I will practice all winter then maybe have another refresher next year.

Brian

Go To Front Page