News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

It sounds like I missed a revelation on Thursday.

QuoteAnd the point of this homily, Mr Haresear is to advise you and other trooties that if things continue as they started on Thursday there may soon be nae room for the kiddy-on rod wielders on the water. So a good tip might be that you shouldn't wait too long before reappearing on Sundays. You may need to stake yourselves a claim on the grassy bit !  Very Happy Up near the kiddies' playpark might be an available site  .. and an apt one !   And you'd be immune from salaritis ... unless you might be tempted into a wee bit of contagion ?

Just remember Wide Eyed Teither  :)(I liked that) that you salmon afflicted guys should move on a couple of steps between casts. Being a proper drey fley fisher, I should expect you cheps to give way to me, what? :)

Seriously, sounds like Gary was good. I might make Sunday and if so, look forward to meeting Jimmul and the rest of the Motley Crue.

Alex
Protect the edge.

harelug

Sorry I mised the casting club on Thursday, sounds like a good night. Did intend going along with Alex, he decided against it because of the Pontifs visit. My mind had already been made up for me, apparently God was not looking kindly on me that day and my wife is a catholic!!! I nearly went for a swim in the clyde, it's a long way down from the kingston bridge but I'm told Polo's float! The bastard lorry driver got me a couple of corners later when he decided to swith from right to left lane half way round the corner, caught me behind the door post, shunted me, flipped me out in front of him and then railroaded me. I think my casting would have been a bit shakey on Thursday and I think the Polo is destined for the scrp heap.
There is no greater
  fan of fly fishing

Than the worm

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Squigster

harelug

Shaken up at the time, got home, told wife to pour me a very stiff gin then go look out the window. I'm ok just a bit shaken up. Totally the other guys fault, insurance agreed after checking road markings out on google earth, just hope the lorry driver doesn't change his tune, he admitted responsibility, no one stopped to say they had witnessed it.
There is no greater
  fan of fly fishing

Than the worm

Squigster

Great to hear that you're OK - Cars can be replaced!!!

Malcolm

A bit of a mess that one. I'm glad you are ok.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

shanksi

harelug

Looks like a repair job, it will be paid for and I'm not out of pocket and looking for new car. Whiche ever the ensrance works out, can handle excess payment
There is no greater
  fan of fly fishing

Than the worm

Teither

Quote from: Alan on September 18, 2010, 06:18:55 PM
i think i have seen this 'Salaritus' thing, its the tendancy of the inflicted to practice spey casting without a change of direction, in severe cases they can display repetative behaviour without thought but always in a straight line and rarely waist deep as in the practiced for activity :makefun

Oh dearie me ! Just when we thought you were at long last in rehab, out you come again with all this drivel, sonny. It is, of course,  the tendEncy of the AFflicted to practiSe jump rolls without change of direction, in the main, so as not to dazzle the likes of you, or hurt passers-by, as some do, without thought, care or attention !  We very possibly would go waist deep were it not agin park regulations. We are indeed repetItive, in order to ingrain our skills and in trying, aye trying, to cast in a straight line, not in imitations of a curly wurly. All of these we do, of course, to improve our progress in our practiSed activity.

And, above all, we do  all of these things to impress upon you and the other fairies wi' their wee wands that we are the rightful owners of the waters. So, as I said before, away and park yourselves up on the grassy bit, oot o' herm's wey !!  :D :D :D

These, incidentally, will be my last words on this or any other matter for some time. This PC is about to give up the ghost and will now have to be replaced. Try not to miss me too much in the meantime, little one !  :makefun

Out-of-pocket Teither

Go To Front Page