News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman

Congratulations Scot , for you have hit the nail on the head with your post :clap;

All the best,
Gary :)

Malcolm

Another interesting day at the club today. We were joined by Andrew Toft who is the current world 18ft speycasting champion but is also an excellent all round caster and instructor. He brought along some interesting salmon setups including a delightful 12ft rod which would be perfect for single or double handed casting on small rivers - just like a longer switch rod. I could see it as a nice heavier loch style rod for anyone loch fishing for salmon. I can't commend this club enough - a great learning resource for all of us within reach.

There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

Sounds great Malcolm.

If only we had a local web forum up here that could organise things casting as well as you guys do it would be great. 

Alas it seems it is not to be.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on October 17, 2010, 11:38:16 PM
Stop moaning and find a suitable location. organising is no more than getting people to arrive at the same time.

I can't do that for the sake of local harmony Alan. Already the good folks in Aberdeenshire are having difficulty sleeping with the level of teeth gnashing  that is going on.  What with endorsements  from leading writers, being the sounding board and virtual home for the GCC and the only forum supporting the Don Trust we are already exhausted and stretched to the limit.  :lol:  Would there be the required level of  commitment from trained instructors in these parts anyway?  If there was it probably would have happened already. Not much happens here.  Compared to Fife and the central belt Aberdeen and surrounding area is pretty much a backwater. Anyway, I may well be moving to more civilised parts within the next year, so who knows I might  be standing around the weegie duck pond with the rest of you get up and go types  next year at this time!  I'll still support the Don Trust of course, hell someone has to!   :whistle2

Albert Wright

It's odd there is nothng around in a place as big as Aberdeen. Turriff is fine but it's a near 70 mile round trip from where I live.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on October 18, 2010, 06:25:05 PM
hope there is no knashing of teeth when the casting club tour takes off, i told the guy from STV they could follow the event for free

You've reckoned without demarcation mate!  The gnashing has already started!    :lol:

Albert Wright

Please see my post in the NE casting club thread.

haresear

I have emailed all the members I could get email addresses for, but just to advise that there will be a meeting in the Burnbrae, Milngavie Road, Bearsden on Sunday 24/10 at 1pm following the usual casting club Sunday morning.

I can't make Sunday at all, I'm afraid.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Teither

The meeting planned for Sunday 24th October, at the Burnbrae Hotel, is postponed, due mainly to the prospect of another very low attendance.

T

" O tempora, o mores " !

Teither

Quote from: Alan on October 22, 2010, 03:25:43 PM
maybe attendance will rise now that people know there is a meeting :lol:

Alberto has a list of members and contact details.

Most people did indeed know that a meeting was arranged, through contact e-mails and fora notices. Unfortunately, the coincidences of SGAIC affairs and an Old Firm encounter are, apparently, getting in the way.
As a number of people do appear to want to discuss " structure " I'm hoping you will be able to come along when the bigger get-together is indeed arranged. You it was, Alan, who kicked off this concept so it will be important to get your input.
Hope all is well with you in the meantime.
T

Go To Front Page