News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman

I for one am really pleased that we have the G.C.C.
This club has been going for just over a year,there are 27 pages on the FFF and  there is 63 pages
on this forum about the club.
Yes the club works,because we want to get better at this sport.
Take a look at Aweman 1
Take a look at Aweman2
Take a look at myself(gasman), the club works.

So to the USUAL SUSPECTS
Alex(Haresear)
Alan
Malcom(The Pipe)
Aweman(Malcom)
Dave Bravo(FFF)
Teither(Jim D.H)

Scotty9 (Buzz Lightyear)

Thank you for coming week in week out, no matter the wearther.

And a big thank you to Alberto for getting it going.

All the best,

The Gasman(catering) :makefun

Wildfisher

Quote from: gasman on October 27, 2010, 01:56:50 PM
I for one am really pleased that we have the G.C.C.
This club has been going for just over a year,there are 27 pages on the FFF and  there is 63 pages

Indeed and if I lived closer I'd be there with you.

Look to the north east to see the alternative and rejoice in what you have and what you have achieved!  :D

You guys walk while others just talk.

Malcolm

A good turnout today and a nice mix of single and double handers Also a big welcome to our new young member Charlie (aged 8) and dad Peter who I know reads what he can of this forum. Young Charlie ended up the day putting out a lovely line of about 30 feet or so and was well pleased. He had the Orvis junior Guide 5 weight rod but in my opinion this is much too stiff for a learner and I ended up putting a 7 line through it in order to get a bend in it with 8 yards of line out. The single handers were all on roll casting today with the exception of young Charlie and a lot of progress is being made quite quickly. One of the older gentlemen was consistently roll casting 40-50ft off either shoulder.

A couple of new faces in the amongst the salmon casters too with our (almost) resident instructors Ian Kirk and Andrew Toft giving one to ones unstintingly as usual.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

gasman

There was a nice turnout at the casting club today.
I would like to say a big thank you to Malcom for bring the Ginger Bread,very nice.

All the best,
Gary :8)

invictor

hi gents,I havn.t visited the forum for quite a while (my loss).
I came across this topic by accident, I did not realise the gentlemen I have been
spending my Sunday mornings with were members of this great site.

I count myself lucky to be able to participate in many of the different branches
of our fantastic sport, but the one that alluded me was the double handed salmon rod.

5 weeks ago I turned up at the GCC armed with an old B&W15footer from Ebay and a lot of hope,
I was made welcome by everyone there, handed rods to try lines to try, tackle I could never afford
and great advice from every one.

I think its fantastic that these men give up there time to teach total strangers this fine art.

I will hopefully see you all tomorrow.

haresear

I'm being cajoled/forced into christmas shopping this weekend :(, so apologies to the casting club, but I won't make it.

I don't think we've met, Invictor, but I'm glad you have got something out of it. I certainly have, both from the learning and the teaching points of view.

Alex

Protect the edge.

Malcolm

I think we've met Invictor. May see you tomorrow, this snow means that my hoped for trip out for grayling is probably a no go.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

gasman

The pound was not fit to cast a line on.
[attachimg=1]
Aweman(Malcolm) and myself turned up but, due to the whiteout we gave it a miss.
[attachimg=2]
May be next week.

All the best,
Gary :)

haresear

You did well to get there at all :shock:

I was devastated :roll: because my christmas shopping was postponed.

Alex
Protect the edge.

harelug

QuoteI was devastated Rolling Eyes because my christmas shopping was postponed.

Nae luck, only postponed! You'll be praying for more snow next weekend.
There is no greater
  fan of fly fishing

Than the worm

Go To Front Page