News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanksi

Harelug staying with you tonight then Alex.  :D

haresear

Quote from: shanksi on December 11, 2010, 08:54:32 PM
Harelug staying with you tonight then Alex.  :D

No it's not that bad Ian  :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

Malcolm

Stick on Home Alone and come along - they'll be fine.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Malcolm

There's a few on here will know Ian - he's a Hillend member and knows Clan Chief, Fishtales and PA. He had a really nice rod with him today: a Sharpes Gordon 2. He had an Orvis Helios tip flex as well; it could usefully be tipped with a feather duster and would be fine for getting rid of cobwebs from awkward places.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

snapper

Hi alan,

A very big thank you to yourself and the rest of the guys for making me feel very welcome, it was lovely  being there and having a try at all the differant types of rods and lines, it could save someone a fortune(namely me)... best pound spent in a long time.

thanks once again

ian.l

snapper

well i hope the 625.fd comes in handy for someone..lol, it was lovely to get the chance to try out some of the other fly rods and to meet  people like malcom and the others they all made me feel very welcome.

i`ve got a couple of other rods kicking about in the cuboard somewhere, i can always pop them in the car for people to mess about with.

gasman

A good turn out today, even Alan turned up :makefun
[attachimg=1]
The  Gents in the photo came to the aid  of one of the swans by releasing it from the frozen ice.
[attachimg=2]
So we had a cast on the grass, the rod eyes where still icing up when the sun was out.
I hope the weather is a bit warmer next Sunday.

All the best,
Gary :)

scotty9

It looks kinda cold, wish I could say I was missing it but the weather puts me off :lol: I miss the practice and banter though!

I'm with Alan, I'd still have that feather duster over most rods, not all but most :8)

Wildfisher

Quote from: scotty9 on December 13, 2010, 04:06:33 AM
It looks kinda cold

It sure does. I'm impressed. Up in this neck of the woods there's nothing like  it even in summer!  Perhaps you west coasters are not so gay after all.   :lol:

Teither

I'm wondering if anyone has a mind to hansel in the New Year at the pond on Sunday. The pond today still has a fair covering of ice. There is a reasonable stretch of clear water, at the popular side, but it seems that every swan, duck, goose and what have you in the district has moved in. The park area is clear of snow and ice .. so are there any likely takers ??
Meanwhile, all best wishes to everyone for a good 2011.

Teither

Go To Front Page