News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: aweman on January 09, 2011, 08:48:01 PM
forgot to leave your ? 1.00,  That will be double next week.

Just as well this club's not in Aberdeen. With the prospect of having to part with ?2 none of them would be back.    :lol:

gasman

Aweman you forgot to pay  for your coffee, that will be double next week.  :P

Wildfisher

I was out casting today for a while;  the first time for months. It felt good.......................... :8)

Still snow covered but at least  mild enough so the line  did not shatter  :lol:.

Testing one  of my new Wildfisher  Blue Intermediate Prototypes - WF with the Wildfisher profile - on the TCX  firestick -  I'd forgotten what a beast that rod is.  :lol:

I can see this line making a good job of pulling a  few woolly buggers through the Grey River In NZ  in a few weeks from now.  :8)

haresear

Hopefully I can make it. Need to get some brownie points fast though as I'm in the red. I'll bring my video sunspecs for a laugh.

Have you noticed how every post Fred makes recently, he gets to mention New Zealand. Oh shit, now I've done it too :)

Alex

Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on January 14, 2011, 04:15:38 PM
Have you noticed how every post Fred makes recently, he gets to mention New Zealand. Oh shit, now I've done it too :)

Actually  I hadn't noticed.......................3 weeks to go...........................   :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on January 14, 2011, 04:27:54 PM
...fred continually mentions NZ

There is absolutely no justification for that comment. I now consciously combine the letter N and Z in only 50% of my posts.  :lol:

Malcolm

I was out myself today with the double hander. Notionally after pike but spent the time practicing the normal and aerial Spiral Spey off the right and left shoulders.

Here's the basic cast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIrnBUgWUBA

It's a great cast for tight situations as there is a way of doing it where you can make the forward cast without the line unraveling into the normal D loop. It's a standard cast but is difficult with the two hander for me, everything is difficult with the two hander for me.  :evil:
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

aweman

Hi Allan

I be there am bring 91/2 Ultralite with 7wt line to see if you can make the magical 100ft.

aweman

I have ordered a 4wt from this forum to go with my Fladen then I show you.  mind you have to pay double this week .

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on January 15, 2011, 02:23:02 PM
i'm cutting my lines back to 75', the outer limit of controlled dry fly presentation, in protest against distance casting :crap

For fishing purposes long lines  are  simply  ridiculous and prevent  you getting enough backing on your reel.

Go To Front Page