News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

Quote from: scotty9 on January 24, 2011, 06:07:07 AM
Thomas sounds like my kind of guy! Is he just a new member that has come along? I'm intrigued  :)

Scotty,

I believe he comes through from Edinburgh. He's been before and casts very like you do!
Quote from: haresear on January 24, 2011, 01:21:33 AM
I can't cast for toffee.
Alex

Well Alex, That is just so untrue! You may not match Tomas for extreme distance but that isn't exactly your speciality is it?  For fishing at normal distances I'll have you as my teacher every time.

There is a distance casting competition in Glasgow in September. I don't know yet whether competitors have to be members of the BFCC but if it's on a Sunday I'll be having a go I think.

There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Andrew Moray

Hello Malcolm,

Quote from: Malcolm on January 24, 2011, 10:15:11 AMThere is a distance casting competition in Glasgow in September. I don't know yet whether competitors have to be members of the BFCC but if it's on a Sunday I'll be having a go I think.

Whilst hunting, unsuccessfully, for a video Thomas/Tomas recommended on Sexyloops, I found this, post 9 from Alberto:
http://www.sexyloops.co.uk/cgi-bin/theboard_07/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=12991

scotty9

Maybe I'd know his face Malcolm?

Someone make sure Alberto puts me down for the BFCC please! I'll be back probably early July so will definitely be around for that in September.

Tony do you know what the video was of? I might be able to help you, I've seen so many I might know where it lives online! Yes I'm that sad!  :lol:

Teither

Quote from: scotty9 on January 24, 2011, 12:13:06 PM
Maybe I'd know his face Malcolm?

Someone make sure Alberto puts me down for the BFCC please! I'll be back probably early July so will definitely be around for that in September.

Tony do you know what the video was of? I might be able to help you, I've seen so many I might know where it lives online! Yes I'm that sad!  :lol:

Scott,
           You may do. He's been at the pond before ....  one evening last summer. He's the highly qualified Hungarian chap who came along with Alberto  - a thoroughly nice chap too, as well as a fine caster.
            Hope all is going well for you in NZ.
            Cheers for now.
TJ 

scotty9

Jim, I don't recall him so I'm wondering if I might have been absent that night. And yes, everything is going very well thanks. Great fishing, reasonable weather, great job, loving life! Just no casting club although I have thought about starting one at the uni see if there'd be any interest.

Alan - interesting, there's definitely different ways of doing it! I haven't tried any since I moved over here so I'm probably even more confused than I was back then!  :lol:

There's an FFF conclave starting friday night that I am going to. I better get practising for the shootout, I have 4 days left to learn how to cast a long way  :lol:

Andrew Moray

Best you hold off trimming back those lines Alan.

This is not one of these verbal or philosophical masturbation sessions where endless pish can be talked.
This is quantifiable, this is measureable.
Someone actually has to step up and prove it.

As you have dug a hole for your friend, the very least you can do is stand shoulder to shoulder with him in the same trench.

September BFCC event in Glasgow would be ideal and allows plenty of time to practise.
Best get that Echo monstrosity to bend before then  :D

Love,
Tony

EDIT - I've reread this -
It wasn't intended to be as aggressive as it appears. Meant to be a standard face-face Casting Club windup.
I apologies for the tone, but not the content  :D

Wildfisher

It certainly seems to be all happening at the Glasgow Casting Club as usual.

Nothing at all  like it up in this neck of the woods.  :lol:

Andrew Moray

Hello Fred,

Quote from: admin on January 25, 2011, 09:48:10 AMNothing at all  like it up in this neck of the woods.  :lol:
The lad Tomas mentioned there was a huge Sexyloops Event in Aberdeenshire, in May I think ?.
He was dropping everything to make sure he could make it.
I didn't catch exactly where though.

HTH
Tony

Wildfisher

They have it every  year Tony. That time of the year is the time for river fishing and dedicated  anglers like myself are far too busy fishing  to be wasting our days on grass with rods and measuring tapes.   :lol:

Anyway, it looks like many of us will  be busy this coming season with all the planned forum fishing outings that are being discussed right now.  :8)

Andrew Moray

Hello Fred,

Hadn't realised it was an annual event

Quote from: admin on January 25, 2011, 10:23:27 AMThat time of the year is the time for river fishing and dedicated  anglers like myself are far too busy fishing  to be wasting our days on grass with rods and measuring tapes.   :lol:
Totally understood, for that same reason I won't be in a park chucking yarn in September - CDC&Elks at wee trout in the gloaming is far more appealing  :D

Go To Front Page