News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

That was bloody cold today and not very enjoyable. It was that brutal dank cold that seems to pierce into the bones. It made casting difficult too. It's amazing how many people turned up on a day like this - still over a dozen.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

gasman

Sorry to tell you I  will not be attending next Sunday.

All the best,
Gary :)

P.S. look out your Thermos.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on January 30, 2011, 07:53:25 PM
no gasman..no coffee...

Plenty of coffee up here, no casting club................ :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on January 31, 2011, 03:20:24 PM
we need a club bus..then we go anywhere :8)

Sounds like a good idea.  All the credible  bands went on tour and played gigs in the open

Nowadays it's all fake stuff once a year in some obscure sports venue  if you're lucky.  :lol:

Malcolm

Quite a big turn out today considering the conditions at the start of the day.

Ian Kirk the salmon fly instructor helped forum member Invictor and myself a lot with his logical uncomplicated approach.  I had along a 30 year old salmon rod and he cast it just as well as he casts his own ultra-modern fast Mackenzie DTX shooting head rod. The club owes a lot to Ian and he's seldom mentioned in dispatches. 

Malcolm 
To jaw like this

Malcolm

Another good turn out today with Davefromtheattic putting in an appearance with his new rod. He just has to be the quickest learner I have ever seen. Thanks to Alan for spending ages with an old friend of mine teaching him the roll cast. 
To jaw like this

davefromtheattic

Thanks, Malcolm, I really appreciate the time you and Alan spent teaching me. I think I'll leave the snakeroll for now until I get the foundations right thought!

snapper

Another  great day out  at the casting pool, sorry i never got the chance to speak to everyone, where does all the time go when your having so much fun, a big thank you once again to Malcolm for letting me have a go with his new  double hand-er rod, especially when he was supposed to have been practising himself(hopefully next week Malcolm) people wont shout at you.. .

i would also like to  say a big thank you to tom for putting up with all my questions and also for given me a few pointers,

thanks once again guys.

davefromtheattic

If it's the 8' #4 I think Marine Megastore is the cheapest online. I've not seen a 9' in the 4#.

Andrew Moray

Does the club "quit" soon for the season, or does it just move to midweek ?

Go To Front Page