News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman

My God at long last Alan you can explain something without blood coming out of my ears.
Does this mean no more techno geek ?  :makefun

Gary :P

Brian Mcg

Quote from: gasman on April 29, 2011, 09:38:56 PM
My God at long last Alan you can explain something without blood coming out of my ears.
Does this mean no more techno geek ?  :makefun

Gary :P
:lol:

Some times you have to probe,giving different analogies and all a sudden...........bingo!
But you cannot beat a visual analysis.

Brian

Malcolm

Well done Jim, perseverance pays off. Just don't let him teach you the voodoo cast - and if he gets all brillig on you just give the tove a double hander!
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

haresear

Quote from: Malcolm on April 29, 2011, 11:23:33 PM
Well done Jim, perseverance pays off. Just don't let him teach you the voodoo cast - and if he gets all brillig on you just give the tove a double hander!

I'm glad you got to grips with hauling Jim. It does the same job as the lower hand with the double hander, as I'm sure you recognised.

There is a point to the voodoo cast, which I must say, I doubted at first, thinking it was just being flashy.
As Alan and Scotty have both said in the past, it is great for presenting a dry fly when a spey/roll/swich cast would have drowned the fly. I have used it over the last weeks in a particular spot with a high bank behind me and an electric fence above that. It works and is worth learning if you fish rivers.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Teither

It will remain to be seen whether I can still do it next time out, of course. I've thought in the past that I'd cracked it only to be back to square 1 next time out !
Incidentally, I'm off to the North Esk tomorrow at 6am and I cannae sleep for the excitement of it all, which is why I'm posting at this ridiculous hour !  :)
T

Teither

At the pond this morning I was taken back to the music of my youth  - " I'm just a lonely boy ... " and " Where have all the flowers gone ? "......bloody wimps !!  :lol: ... unless, of course, some of you were mad enough to be away fishing ..??  :lol: 
LOT

Teither

Exponentially excremental ! Lifted the wrong rod from the house - a 8.5ft 4 wt Streamflex. Anyway, I had a throw with a Sage ZXL 9ft 5wt yesterday at GAC and liked it very much. Have you [ or anyone else ] got any thoughts on that one ? It's a hell of a price, of course, and I'd need to sell some other rods to pay for it  ...  but ....

T

Malcolm

Jim,
I tried the 4 weight - I am sure Fred bought it. Maybe the best modern rod I have used. You can often pick them up second hand for very reasonable prices. One of the best places to pick up gear is the Fly Fishing Forums. I just checked and it appears one sold in the last couple of days for ?250 - it may still be for sale.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Teither

Quote from: Alan on May 09, 2011, 05:37:41 PM
Ol one eye teither is turning single handed :lol:

One eye nowadays, but still two toecaps !! Get to your room !  :)

OOET

Rabmax

Hello all i fancy coming along with my son & his pal tomorrow is it 630pm start & do we just turn up & pay our ?1.I am still fairly new to river fly fishing & self taught hopefully i don't have too many bad habits.Cheers

Go To Front Page