News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

We're on sundays!!! Thought Alberto told you last Sunday Craig?!

gasman

Do any members of the casting club have either 10/11# single handed fly lines that I could try?

Gary

Malcolm

Yes I have WF and DT Floaters and intermediates. If I am there on Sunday I will bring them.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

gasman

Thank you Macolm, hope to see you Sunday.

Gary

Wildfisher

First post since September 16th - has the club died  or has it just all been said before?    :lol:

gasman

Fred I am sorry too say  that the casting club has had a poor attendance for  the last couple of weeks,
  for some reason or other.

Gary

Wildfisher

That's a real shame Gary.  It's  pretty unique and has been very successful.  

scotty9

I haven't been since before BFCC, just been too busy. Have been away two weekends and then the rugby world cup matches have taken first priority!

scotty9

Quote from: Alan on October 20, 2011, 01:23:07 AM
this is the transition period, end of season there is less urgency to cast well if at all, and you always get a strange apathy for casting learning/practice after distance activities, other goals change and then get forgotton, its the devils work,

i printed off some syllibii, sillybi, cyll..fk it, if anyone wants to run through an instructor test, its a good way to esablish what your good at and what your not against a benchmark.

It's not the distance thing - it's the world cup thing! Happens only once every 4 years and since it's in NZ the times are very early morning kick offs. Will be along after this week probably.

Wildfisher

Quote from: scotty9 on October 20, 2011, 01:19:27 PM
it's the world cup thing! Happens only once every 4 years

Makes perfect sense to me.  This is no different from me not wasting my precious  time at game fairs and casting events during the fishing season.

Go To Front Page