News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: Teither on January 10, 2012, 02:47:57 PM
ps  - is there some kind of timeout on making replies ?

Only for salmon fishers.  :lol:

Seriously though, not that I'm aware of. I think the software gets a migraine occasionally. I've had it happen to me once or twice over the years. Better to type long replies in your word processor then  cut and paste it. That way you don't lose your text if it hiccups.

Fishtales

If you hit the CTRL button below the caps button, not the caps lock one the one in between, to capitalize a letter and hit z by mistake then it will clear everything in the editor window. I'm sure there is another combination, CTRL and a letter, as I have done it a few times too but I can never catch which one it is :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Otter Spotter

CTRL + C is Copy
CTRL + V is Paste
CTRL + X is Cut
CTRL + Z is Undo (Last action) (Which is you have just typed a lot can cause problems if you hit it accidentally)

Had this issue before and as Fred says if you are going to type a big post then its best to do it in word or something first and then copy and paste it into the forum post window.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Malcolm

Alan,

Nothing to do with Salmon v Trout. No one can overhead cast at the pond.

Speys rolls etc by single or double handers are allowed on the pond.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Teither

Thanks, Malcolm. Your point about spey and roll casting for people with all lengths of rod was one of several I made in the lost posts.  :)

The " baloney", Alan, refers to your continuing claims that you knew nothing about these matters. I really shouldn't rise to all this stuff from you. You clearly delight in tormenting the frail and elderly. You're not a Messiah, Alan. You're a very naughty boy !!  :lol:

T

Teither

Quote from: admin on January 10, 2012, 03:02:32 PM
Only for salmon fishers.  :lol:

Seriously though, not that I'm aware of. I think the software gets a migraine occasionally. I've had it happen to me once or twice over the years. Better to type long replies in your word processor then  cut and paste it. That way you don't lose your text if it hiccups.

Fred [ et al ]
   Thanks for that advice. It may be something to do with the set-up of my computer. It just happened again with my latest brief reply to M and A. I'll get one of the young uns to show me how to do this cut and paste lark from Word.  :)

Jim A

River Chatter

I rarely make it along to the casting club, but love the fact that it's there if the notion takes me.  So it troubles me about that these issues are arising.  I read somewhere that Glasgow has more parks than any other European city, so surely the Council could offer alternative venues? Perhaps one where the pond doesn't have a path around it? 

Malcolm

Alan,

The no overhead casting rule at the pond has been in place for quite some time. Jim and a few other members also mention it to anyone they see overhead casting. As for being hit, it has happened to all of us but no harm done. We can accept that risk amongst ourselves and we do. However there have also been incidents where members of the public have been hit. That's not so easy to deal come to terms with. That's why the rule was put in place.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Teither

Alan,
 Please refer back to the dozen or so replies starting at No.593 on this thread. Look particularly at no.597 and no.598. You'll discover that you were indeed a party to all these discussions. I'm sure that when you've read these again there will be no need for any invention of " new problems ".
T

haresear

Quoteits none of my business how you guys want to do things, but i been going a long time, i just hope everyones interests are considered fairly.

It is your business as much as anyone else who cares to turn up. :)

I was really surprised that Alberto managed to get a lease of the pond at all. That said, it is my view that it is unsuitable for casting practice because of where it is situated. When we were overhead casting and the club had a busy night, I couldn't relax for watching for potential flare-ups between the casters and the public. That's why I started going over the field.

I don't like the field either. Far too boggy and roll casting is near impossible.  The problem is I can't think of any pond in a Glasgow public park which would be suitable. Too much public and not enough ponds.

Alex

Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page