News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otter Spotter

Quote from: Alan on February 10, 2012, 01:11:39 AM
waders, adjusting the length of the rope to anchor them in cold water, bit cold yet maybes :gay4
Get some tights and be done with it, are you a man or a mouse!
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

scotty9

Could ask the lad we saw two winters ago on the ice? He'll jump right in for ya!

Teither

The club will resume Thursday evening sessions with effect from 12 April. Sunday sessions continue as normal.
T

sinbad

117 pages im a bit lost here , what does a casting club do ? Not being cheeky just wondering what its about and this seems easier to ask than read it all  :crap

sinbad

Ok , i could nt resist ive had a good look , it does what it says on the tin. A bit alien to me as ive been fly fishing from about 4 years old and thought everyone could do it ;) Guess i was lucky !

Malcolm

Sinbad,

I tend to pop in to the casting club on Sunday mornings in winter every few weeks. It's a good place to try out other kinds and weights of rods. Where else could you try out a 10ft 12 weight or a 7ft 2 weight. Maybe borrow Alan's Helios and Scott's supposedly identical hydros and test them out side by side. You can dispel the myths that a fast rod casts further than a medium rod or that rod performance has some relation to price. Maybe you've never tried a double hander? Chances are someone will help you out.

There are people there who have special interests in all sorts of fishing and casting skills. We have also had some single and double handed competition casters come along. However, not everyone goes every week. Chances are you will pick up much more from ordinary fellow anglers than anyone else. I know I did.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Malcolm

Mostly our own but we have had people like Gary Scott come along with pre-release models for us to try out.
To jaw like this

corriekiller

Sounds like a great club and it's pity it's not closer for us northern duffers.   :D  There is at least one bloke up this way who claims he is an instructor but is fecking hopeless at teaching. He's so fragile egoed he cannae help himself and ends up trying to impress all in sundry with dull tales aboot his imaginary fishing achievements and no one learns onythin. You  dinnae want him there.  :lol:

Teither

Only three at the pond today ...and two of us [ Tom R and myself ] stayed in the car the whole time ! But the bold Ken, newly APGAI qualified, was braving the cold wind with his double-hander    -    his new venture.
Well done, Ken, and heartiest congratulations !

T

Malcolm

haven't been along for ages  but I thought it had changed to Thursday evening.
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page