News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

It's a shame it appears to be  fizzling out, but inevitable I suppose. Perhaps it has served its purpose?

Teither

The club began its Thursday night sessions a few weeks ago and Alan is right - I did announce that, on behalf of Alberto. However, right from the beginning of the club, Sunday mornings have been on the agenda - ie we have two sessions [ Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings ] in the late Spring, Summer, and early Autumn ... and Sunday mornings only  .. through the winter period. It's the matter of available daylight hours which governs these things. It is true that the original permissions sought by Alberto indicated Thursday nights in summer SWITCHING to Sundays in winter but I and many others have done the double, as it were, right from the outset. In fact, I sometimes go over to the pond at other times , just when the fancy takes me. But I'm maybe just that kind of " devil may care " young blade , don't y'know ?  :) :)

Fred, I don't think that the club is fizzling out. It's just that in summer it's always tended to be the double-hander guys, in the main, who go on Sundays, for the very good reason that the trout lads obviously take the opportunity to do some actual fishing. And even among the double handers there's always been a lower Sunday turnout in summer - twice a week being perhaps too much for some men  :lol:. It was cold and windy on Sunday just gone, which was probably just another factor in causing wiser members to find other diversions !  :lol:

Re Ken, I don't know whether he is a forum member. I was just flagging up that we have yet another CC man who has done the biz!!

T

ennio

Will there be anyone at the club this Thursday, 03-May-2012? I'm on my way up to Strathdon from Manchester and fancied calling in.
Nae bother if you all have better things on,
Andrew

scotty9

I won't be there Andrew, have an exam on Friday morning I'm afraid. Hope the Aberdeen meet is a blast!  :8)

Malcolm

Quote from: ennio on May 01, 2012, 01:09:36 AM
Will there be anyone at the club this Thursday, 03-May-2012? I'm on my way up to Strathdon from Manchester and fancied calling in.
Nae bother if you all have better things on,
Andrew

I'll definitely be there Andrew as I have arranged to meet another forum member.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Squigster

I'll wander along and cast ineptly!!

ennio

... so any clues as to when and where: is it Knightswood Park pond from 6.30 ish?

Squigster

Quote from: ennio on May 02, 2012, 01:27:36 AM
... so any clues as to when and where: is it Knightswood Park pond from 6.30 ish?
.  Spot on :)

Black-Don

I took a trip down to the casting club tonight where I met a few forum members and was shown the intricacies of the roll cast and jump roll. I don't think I'll ever make a champion caster but at least I know what I'm supposed to be trying to achieve now.

Thanks to those who gave me the benefit of their advice and whereas I don't see myself becoming a regular I will try and get down whenever I can as it 's a great resource for fly fishers in the west of Sclotland and beyond.

Malcolm

You were fairly zinging that line out Donald when you got it right. Lots of people would be happy to roll 40 ft+ as you were doing. More than enough for wee spate rivers.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page