News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

I'll show you on thursday if the weather is decent, we can set up one or two of the things.

Kelvin

Its is it still ok for beginners to come to the casting club?
Its a shame if not  as if it is  losing its appeal  (if true) because  Glasgow set the standard and should be proud. Alex's says its fizzling out.
I have a passion for angling but am prejudiced by a condition ( Cervical Dystonia) that limits the use of both arms at the same time. ( I cant cycle for instance).
I have been a keen lurker to on this subject of fly casting for 3 years and finally go out and get an outfit for fly and find you are cooling in your interest for helping new guys who might not be able to afford lessons. That would just be my Donald Duck.

I have always thought you guys are amazing for what you did.
Hope to meet you guys one day
Mark Pemberton
Kelvin

Squigster

My interest in the casting club will probably be rekindled after the end of the trout season, too busy fishing just now :D   Got a text from Olly last Thursday saying he had been up and there was no one around, and also that he had been up on a few previous occasions with not a soul to be seen

Kelvin

If you turn up tomorrrow ,I will be the one strugling:). What time does it start or not:)

Malcolm

Mark,

I'll probably be passing Anniesland - most likely about 1900-1930 this evening. I'll drop by and see if there is anyone there. If you are I can show you the basics of the overhead and spey cast but I am not an instructor.

Jim

If you are there tonight I'll put the Spey Casting videos in the car
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Teither

Quote from: Malcolm on August 30, 2012, 09:00:52 AM

Jim

If you are there tonight I'll put the Spey Casting videos in the car

Malcolm
               I'm pretty sure to be along tonight so I look forward to seeing you.
I think too that there are issues to be discussed concerning [non] attendance levels and some other issues which may affect the future of GCC. I hope we get a reasonable turnout.

J

Kelvin

Quote from: Malcolm on August 30, 2012, 09:00:52 AM
Mark,

I'll probably be passing Anniesland - most likely about 1900-1930 this evening. I'll drop by and see if there is anyone there. If you are I can show you the basics of the overhead and spey cast but I am not an instructor.

Brilliant, see you tonight.

Kelvin

Turned up at the casting club tonight. I really enjoyed it.
A big thanks to Malcolm for having the patience to teach me the roll cast and the overhead cast. I will practice for next week.
Only 4 turned up myself, Malcolm, Jim and Tom.
Looking forward to next week.

Malcolm

Glad you enjoyed it Mark, you did really well in a short time. I don't normally go along to the club during summer as it's my main fishing season but hopefully someone else will be there next week.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

Good to hear that worked out for you Mark.  :D

Go To Front Page