News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I thought you kinda did that anyway Alan. No reason I can think of that anyone here should have issues with that.

Wildfisher

We can set something up Alan, no problem, what did you have in mind?

Wildfisher

Well, since  Alberto is never on here to make that call and in any case what you or any other instructor or member  chooses to do is no one's business except their own, why don't you make the call?   :D

Kelvin

I'm going down tomorrow for a wee cast about. I went down yesterday for half an hour untile the boats turned up. Feel like I'm getting somewhere with my rollcast but looking for some improvement on my overhead casting.
How the **** you do that hauling is beyond me just now.

Malcolm

Mark,

Not sure if I can make tomorrow but some of the others might be there. Maybe not many as it's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon and evening.

The double haul roll cast is something that some people pick up really quickly and others take a bit of time. Remember that I said one a wee step at a time? The single haul on the backcast is the predecessor to the double haul.

There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Kelvin

Cheers guys. I know I have to do it 1 step at a time Malcolm, but I'm not getting any younger :D I'll see you there if you make it Alan.

Kelvin

Another rewarding evening for me at the casting club. There was 4 of us there, same number as last week but different guys this week. Helping me out this week was Alan (cheers pal) gasman (top character) and a guy from Finland i could see me fishing the Kelvin with next year. It was really helpful this week like last week and I have homework too :roll:
I wonder how the gasman got his name :lol:

aliferste

Why isn't he fishing the Kelvin this year?

Squigster

Quote from: aliferste on September 07, 2012, 08:28:49 AM
Why isn't he fishing the Kelvin this year?
He is, if it's the chap i've bumped into :D

Kelvin

Quote from: Alan on September 07, 2012, 03:29:02 PM
pretty good progress i think even with gasman's remarkable ability to link every casting explanation to masturbation :lol:

Gasman has a unique style of teaching :shock: but very effective :lol:

Go To Front Page