News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman

Kelvin it was nice to meet you last night.
I am sorry if I shocked you with my comments, but everybody who comes to the casting club gets some stick  :gay4

Alan nice to see you as well.

Keep
It
Simple
Scotsman

All the best,
Gary

13Fisher1

Where and when does the GCC meet, I could certainly end fit from some assistance / tips and would be good to finally meet some of forum "names"?

gasman

The casting club meets at Knightswood Pond on a Thursday night around 6.30-7pm.
This  will change in a couple of weeks to a Sunday morning.

I hope this of some help to you.

Gary

Kelvin

Quote from: gasman on September 07, 2012, 08:55:20 PM
Kelvin it was nice to meet you last night.
I am sorry if I shocked you with my comments, but everybody who comes to the casting club gets some stick  :ga
All the best,
Gary

Haha wasn't shocked mate just having the banter :lol:

Kelvin

Hi guys, I have managed to fit in 2 40min practise sessions in on Victoria Park Scotstoun this week. Casting on the grass not the pond. I feel I'm getting somewhere. I have tried the book under my arm, casting to a stop in front of my face, relaxing my hand on the rod a bit (less tense).
I am still doing overhead and the roll cast and am more than happy to continue until I crack it.
The help I have received from the guys at the casting club has been invaluable.
I will be down tomorrow about 6:30 and hope some of you guys can make it.
Cheers
Mark.

Malcolm

I may manage along tonight Mark. Roll casting off the water is a bit of a challenge and although there are some partial solutions I don't know that it is worth the effort at the moment.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Kelvin

Cheers Malcolm, see you down there if you make it. I enjoy it for the banter and a wee blether as much as the casting.

Malcolm

Mark

I was out fishing for a couple of hours and the conditions here are horrid. Just checked the weather forecast for 7pm tonight in Glasgow and it's bad - 20mph wind gusting to 36mph and wet. I won't be making the trip in tonight - it's a 35 minute journey for me and I wouldn't be staying in those conditions.   

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Kelvin

Nae bother Malcolm.
I will see whats its like but doesnt sound good.
Cheers
Mark

invictor

hello guys, i see gasmans post about the club changing to the sunday morning is that likely to be this week?

hopeso cause i,m still struggling,

looking forward to seeing you all again.

alistair.

Go To Front Page