News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

There are may good things come from this community Terry, some directly, some indirectly like contact with these guys in the casting club.

Stick with it and with us! There's so much more.  :D

13Fisher1

Quote from: admin on February 17, 2013, 06:49:04 PM
There are may good things come from this community Terry, some directly, some indirectly like contact with these guys in the casting club.

Stick with it and with us! There's so much more.  :D

Totally agree with Fred, from personal experience I have learned so much from the kind chaps at GCC and definitely avoided another year "thrashing" around trying to get salmon rod to cast like a trout rod! (well a little less anyway :8) ) all thanks to the guys giving their time, experience and lads of patience.  Was really annoyed that I couldn't be there today especially given the I best decent weather.so far!

Malcolm

Terry,

Good to meet with another Assynt enthusiast. The GCC are a friendly bunch - just like this forum and we all learn a lot from each other - it's a two way thing - which is the best way to learn anyway!
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

13Fisher1

Took a run down to to Knightswood Pond to the GCC this morning, good to see some familiar and new faces (new to me). Had own 15' #10wt set up with Orvs short Spey line ( obtained from Malcolm). Once more received some really good practical tips and coaching which is much needed and appreciated. Feel like slowly making headway compared to start but clearly  have way to go especially when trying to cast anything like the full head which I think is 55'!!  Hard work today especially when I looked at the chaps further own shooting 50-60' with ease and even chatting as they cast another 60' with little effort  - you know who I speak of, just kidding!  :makefun

Seriously good to see Harry, Malcolm and others and for their time and patience. I just need to put some lengthy practice time in

13Fisher1

Good to see Jim, Malcolm and Tom at GCC today and thanks guys for bringing some Spey lines to try on my Sage 13.5' and for the advice and tuition as always

Really liked the Snobee 1D Spey line Jim nice line, sorry about the loop "crack-off" that "somebody" who shall not be named did. Could not match you guys though for grace & distance with it (Yet)  :P

Tom thanks for letting me cast your Hardy Zenith, what a beautiful rod to cast, even I managed to get a half decent Spey, the line just zipped out! Felt lovely, a v light.

Thanks Chaps, will get Sage 13.5 rod setup with a Spey line with more confidence now

Malcolm

That's a lovely rod to cast with. I think it'sgoing to be an ideal sea trout and grilse rod with a floating and intermediate line.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Teither

I understand that Thursday evening sessions will start this week, on 18th, from 6.30 till dusk. I'm expecting Alberto to be there and that we'll be talking about future directions for the CC. It would be good if as many as possible could come along for this.

T

13Fisher1

Quote from: Teither on April 15, 2013, 11:29:20 AM
I understand that Thursday evening sessions will start this week, on 18th, from 6.30 till dusk. I'm expecting Alberto to be there and that we'll be talking about future directions for the CC. It would be good if as many as possible could come along for this.

T
Thursday evenings difficult, working away Mon - Thurs., pity but will get along whenever posiblr

Andrew Moray

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the headsup.
Unfortunately I won't make Thursday, but it would be good to hear how the meeting goes.
Only managed a few times, but did try to make it over this winter a few times, couple of times wae the youngest, to find nobody there.
Always seemed to me, speaking only about single handed rods/casting, that it relied heavily on Alex and Alan being there.

It's also very hard not to think of the space without Malcolm, and his brolly  :D
RIP friend.

Tony

gasman

Thanks Jim

I will be along this Thursday.

Gary.

Go To Front Page