News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Diver Dave's Wader Repairs

Started by Wildfisher, May 08, 2010, 05:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

An astonishing value for money service. This small business, run by Dave Gordon in Aberdeen,  will perform professional quality repairs to your leaky waders and potentially  save you a small fortune.

As an extreme  test I send Dave a 5 year old pair of Snowbee stocking foot breathables with multiple leaks that I had retired just over a  year ago. I was going to cut the feet off them and use them as boat fishing trousers. Thank goodness I didn?t.

Dave found and repaired 30 leaks, pinholes and seams. I got them back yesterday. All repairs have been done on the inside, so the waders look good as new externally.

Today I waded the Don in them, I even sat down in the river.  Bone dry!

At least one other member of this forum has sent waders to Diver Dave and is delighted with them

If you are thing about replacing your leaky waders it may  pay you  to check with Dave first.

http://www.wader-repair.co.uk/

Also see : http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13057.0

Wildfisher

That's 2 pairs of waders Dave has fixed for me now, including repairing the worn heels on the neoprene feet. This has saved me a small fortune. If your waders leak  it's well worth considering sending them to Dave.

dazdidge

A while ago my airflo breathables developed a leak at both calfs. After a search on this forum I contacted diver dave and arranged to drop them off for a full seam seal, pressure test and repair any leaks found. I got the waders back after a couple of days and was happy about the repairs. Last week though they developed another leak on the left calf again. I contacted Dave and  arranged to drop them off as I was working close to where he lives, as I wasn't sure if it was a new leak or not I was expecting to have to pay for any repairs. As it turned out Dave found two new leaks, redone all the seams and carried out a higher pressure test than normal just to make sure. I picked the waders up the next afternoon, was shown the work carried out, where the new leaks were found and I wasn't charged a penny!
If any of you have leaky waders I would highly recommend getting them to Dave, I don't think you will find a better service.

Darren

Wildfisher

Quote from: daz on August 20, 2010, 09:49:09 AM
I don't think you will find a better service.

Agreed. Dave is a genuine bloke,. He has done 2 sets of waders for me. Great service and a great job done

The Bandy Man

Quote from: daz on August 20, 2010, 09:49:09 AM
A while ago my airflo breathables developed a leak at both calfs. After a search on this forum I contacted diver dave and arranged to drop them off for a full seam seal, pressure test and repair any leaks found. I got the waders back after a couple of days and was happy about the repairs. Last week though they developed another leak on the left calf again. I contacted Dave and  arranged to drop them off as I was working close to where he lives, as I wasn't sure if it was a new leak or not I was expecting to have to pay for any repairs. As it turned out Dave found two new leaks, redone all the seams and carried out a higher pressure test than normal just to make sure. I picked the waders up the next afternoon, was shown the work carried out, where the new leaks were found and I wasn't charged a penny!
If any of you have leaky waders I would highly recommend getting them to Dave, I don't think you will find a better service.

Darren

Hell Darren - does it matter if your waders are totally waterproof, as you keep falling in?  :makefun

Sounds like an excellent service. Hats off to you Dave.

John

Clan Ford

Yep, I agree with all that has been said about Dave's service.  So much so I'm about to send Dave another set.

Norm

dazdidge

"Hell Darren - does it matter if your waders are totally waterproof, as you keep falling in?"
yeah cheers for that John, always nice to be reminded, where's the stick up fingers smiley? I did think of leaving the holes there for frainage but decided to concentrate on not falling in again. i'll be sure to pass the hex onto you that Ardbeg seems to have got from me.
daz

garryh

i also had a pair done about a month ago and after around a dozen outings my feet are still dry.he not only repairs the leaks but any other bits that are liable to leak.service could not have been better ,i had my waders back in under a week with Dave emailing me a progress report after every stage.as the others said thoroughly re comended

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

diverdave

Many Thanks Gents

I enjoy doing your waders and the members of this forum have been a pleasure to deal with. In the last fortnight i have considerably improved our procedures. We have changed our pressure tester, so it if far better with neoprenes, and far more efficient with breathables. it has a guage so we know exactly the pressure in the wader.

Most of the repairs are done by spraying now, and this is far neater, we also hardly mark the waders now, as the spraying is far quicker, but uses far more glue!
Finally, we have done some serious testing of the glue mixture and have slightly improved upon this, so it sprays better, impregnates the material better and is incredibly strong yet flexible. It really soaks in now, and is hardly seen in the first couple of coats, and it is only the last few that mean it shows.

We have computerised the system now, so we know exactly what we have done, when it was done and problems we have found, so we now give a years guarantee for our repairs, and then after this give half price repairs for the following two years, all you have to do is post the waders to us year one, and then pay the postage both ways the following years. Our repairs will not stop the waders from leaking, it just stops the seams from leaking. It does not make the thorn or bear proof!

We have developed a technique to fully seal waders, for porous ones, this is now really strong. Ok, they are no longer breathable, but they will not leak again. I am doing further testing on this at the moment but if it works like i think it will it will make for seriously strong waders.

Thanks again

Dave

Brian Mcg

Dave EWS Wader repair seems to be Holding up. Ok I have only had them on a couple of times but as they were leaking, they ain't now.
Thanks for a speedy and Reasonably priced overhaul.

Best Regards

Brian McGlashan

Go To Front Page