News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Light Line Glass Fibre Fly Rods

Started by Wildfisher, June 06, 2011, 02:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Had the new 6 ½  foot split cane  (I f*****g hate "bamboo" - it says nothing -split or built cane says everything)  rod out on Bitter Creek today.........nice!!!  :D

Matched with my tiny "Freddio"  reel (being  honest it's just a bog-standard Vosseler RC series with "Freddio"  scratched on it to make me look dead important  :lol: ) and a Wildfisher Heron Grey River Don DT #3 it was orgasmic to use. Even a 9 inch troot bends it double.  :D

River Chatter

Shame you're not at Basecamp Ullapool Fred as I fancy a wee 'try before you buy' on it. Orgasmic you say? Dunno what Mrs Chatter would say about that!  :lol:

Wildfisher

Actually conditions were not ideal for a light cane rod, stiff and unpredictable downstream wind.  

The biggest troot I caught was only 4 ½ inches, so I had to extrapolate the parabolic curve for  a 9 inch toot.

It being a cane rod the function was a derivation of a natural log.  

The Freddio reel still made me feel dead important though.   :gay4

Wildfisher

Here's the wee cane rod. The quality of the cork is astonishing.  :D

[attachimg=1]

alba

Quote from: admin on July 17, 2011, 10:25:20 PM
You aint gonna be chucking woolly buggers with it.  :lol:

Id give it  fair go haha

Wildfisher

Quote from: col on July 30, 2011, 09:18:16 PM
looks a very nice looking rod !

It is very nice Col. But it will be even nicer once I figure how to remove the Zhu decal and replace it with a Freddio one.   :D

Malcolm

They are lovely little rods Fred. If you go boat fishing you may want to take it set up with dry fly in case the fish start rising. I do that with my 3/4 weight and have had some of my best Loch Leven fish on it. It's addictive fishing with these light rods.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page