News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

9.6" AFTM 6

Started by Highlander, May 31, 2012, 09:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Time I replaced my old Daiwa CF98. So many around to choose from. What would you guys reccomend in this range. Looking to pay £100-£200 max. Kind of drawn towards a middle priced Orvis. Maybe a Western. I am not distance orientated definately not a poker, tend to favour presentation above any thing else but with the ability to extend if required......... Advice please.

Alan

PS Oh and I will add a new Wildfisher line to compliment it.   :roll:
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Malcolm

You'll struggle to get a rod like your old Daiwa now. I too like slow rods by today's standards and have had to buy them second hand. I tend to buy them from Ebay and like the stuff from the mid 90s and older like Norwich M400, Sage RPL and Orvis HLS.

As far as modern rods go I like this guy's rods. I've tried a couple of them and the quality is really great. I haven't tried the 9ft 6 though. I think they are Harrison blanks that he builds on. How he builds that quality of rods at the price I have no idea. http://www.burnsbuiltrods.co.uk/spec.html

One other thing it's always worth trying yourself which I know isn't easy. I've found quite a lot of rods work better with a line size up.

There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Highlander

Thanks guys, I have contacted Burnsbuilt rods, so we will see what he can offer.

Alan

Nemo me impune lacessit

Highlander

Settled on the Clearwater, feels just fine.
Thanks people.
Alan

Nemo me impune lacessit

beaniboy67

second hand Sage RPL, XP or VPS

Go To Front Page