News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

All I want for Christmas

Started by River Chatter, December 07, 2013, 10:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Chatter

I dare say lots of you guys will be getting fishing related prezzies from Santa this year.  Some will be very welcome, like a new flyrod, and some will prompt a forced smile as you try to convince your benefactor that you're grateful for the new flies that are in fact mepps spinners!

So perhaps you should be dropping hints, or leaving magazine adverts 'accidentally' opened at the page with your 'target' prezzies heavily ringed in biro.  So what are your target gifts then?  To get you all thinking of that perfect gift for the angler who's got everything, I'll kick things off with a fun object I came across that could help reduce the frustration we all feel when under those midge clouds:

http://gearjunkie.com/salt-shooting-bug-gun?pg=2

Highlander

A whole new meaning to "Pass The Salt Please"
:roll:
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

bushy palmer

I NEVER let my wife know how much fishing gear costs and hence your tactics are a no-no in my house. Instead I have to make do with forcing the smile at the latest "John Wilson pulls a stocked Carp from a muddy hole" DVD :D

corsican dave

Quote from: bushy palmer on December 07, 2013, 12:28:50 PM
Instead I have to make do with forcing the smile at the latest "John Wilson pulls a stocked Carp from a muddy hole" DVD :D

Brian, could be worse: kevin maddocks' russian fishing adventure

worth all of the 1p i paid for it on amazon  :lol:

you can still get it if you're feeling masochistic. or it'd make a super secret santa present :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Out of interest I got a cheap job lot of DVDs on Ebay some time ago, mainly about coarse fishing, mainly Des Taylor. They made me realise I could never be a coarse fisherman. To me anything more than rod, reel, spool of nylon and a box of flies is getting to be overkill tackle-wise. Sea fishing is the same which is why for me it will always be just an occasional  day out - far too much faffing around with gear.

shad

Im hoping santa will bring one of these-

http://www.bearsden.com/page702.html#11223

Could really P off the Salmon toffs on the Tweed with that  :D

corsican dave

Quote from: shad on December 07, 2013, 04:17:40 PM
Im hoping santa will bring one of these-

http://www.bearsden.com/page702.html#11223

Could really P off the Salmon toffs on the Tweed with that  :D

apoplectic, i should imagine, Colin! judging by the effect my canoe has on some of the spey folk... :lol:

zeolite

No fishing stuff for me. Santa is bringing something that twangs and was made in Oregon by two Old Hippies  :whistling
Schrodinger's troots pictured above.

alancrob

Christmas is easy. I buy her a week in the sun over New Year and she buys me the same.

Last year we even ended up in the same hotel.  :shock:

I never get any fishing stuff except one year I got a "Boy's Own" fishing survival kit. Not much more than a bent pin, a bit of string and an elastoplast. Came in a neat wee tin for keeping dry flies in.

I do sometimes get golf stuff. She puts money in my account with the pro and I go shopping. That works.

A.

Go To Front Page