News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Furled leaders

Started by SoldierPmr, April 06, 2015, 08:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

I've just discovered the world of home made mono furled leaders. As I was bored tonight I though I'd look into them a little and came across how to hand make them with out tools using mono. Just playing with them in the house I can see a huge benefit compared to my usuall straight through floro or home made tapered leaders. Any one else use these?

JimJams

Think Fred had a post up about these recently!

JimJams

Wildfisher

Yes I settled on the type made from uni thread, 5 feet,  with a loop at one end and a tippet right at the other. I find them very versatile and with that set up I can change tactics very quickly. I also used them in NZ, but I think a tapered  mono leader might be better there for nymph fishing when a very long leader is often needed.

Can't see past them at the moment. I use this guy,  the ones he makes are inexpensive and well made

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/loopyleader?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

SoldierPmr

Cheers Jim I knew there would be one some where I did have a quick scan but I missed it. I've made four up tonight they take about 4 minutes each todo using 12lb mono they turn over really easily. Looking forward to sticking one on my 6ft bit of ash :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: claretbumble on April 07, 2015, 09:11:43 AM
Another endorsement for Loopy Leaders ...

Denis is very good Liam. Great service and a good product. 

Bobfly

Fred,
Do you put Mucillin on the leaders? I usually do, but not always.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

SoldierPmr

Here are last nights first attempts.
Proberely cost about 5p to make each.
[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

bibio1

Likewise,   I even soak them for a wee while in silicon dressing prior to use so that they are completely immersed.

Cheers

Paul

Go To Front Page