News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Where Bright Waters Meet

Started by Wildfisher, August 06, 2015, 12:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Where Bright Waters Meet

Fly Forums offer a pdf download  of this delightful and now very rare fishing classic  to registered members.  A cynical means of tempting you to The Dark Side and into  The Land of  Mordor, an evil  journey and an experience from which you are unlikely to ever recover.

I have attached a copy of this excellent work here on this post that you can download thereby saving yourself the trauma of a visit into the badlands.

A great read especially  if you have a tablet device.

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on August 06, 2015, 12:02:33 PM
Fly Forums  A cynical means of tempting you to The Dark Side and into  The Land of  Mordor, an evil  journey and an experience from which you are unlikely to ever recover.

put like that, you make them sound quite fun, Fred!  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

You should download that book Dave, real "old school".  Straight off the mark he's talking about catching trout on dry fly and shooting pike with firearms.  :lol:

Circa 1900.  Some things never change.

Its also quite amazing just how they have f****d up these chalk streams since way back them - over fishing - killing everything they caught -  abstraction - stocking....................  :?

This is today's reality.   :(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/3296989/Storm-Where-The-Bright-Waters-Meet.html

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on August 06, 2015, 03:56:59 PM
You should download that book Dave, real "old school".  Straight off the mark he's talking about catching trout on dry fly and shooting pike with firearms.  :lol:
certainly does make it sound fun; when he's not jovially blasting the bejeezus out of them with a twelve gauge, he's targeting them with an Alexandra. quite the progressive imo   :lol: strikes me as the sort of delightful old cove who'd take to the mallard dabbler like......

I loved the "grey squirrel of the chalk stream" reference, too  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on August 06, 2015, 04:09:35 PM
I loved the "grey squirrel of the chalk stream" reference, too  :8)

Indeed. In spite of all that though it's a great read. Reminds me of the books I used to read when I was a kid that helped me visualize a very unreal impression of fly fishing. I just could not figure out why I was not catching bags of  3 brace of 2 pounders on The Brothock Burn.  Whatever was I doing wrong? :lol:

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on August 06, 2015, 04:14:20 PM
reminds me of the books I used to read when I was a kid that helped me visualize a very unreal view of fly fishing.

being brought up on the banks of the grand union canal I always had a very unreal view of fly fishing. come to think of it, that might explain a few things.... :8)

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on August 06, 2015, 04:17:19 PM
being brought up on the banks of the grand union canal I always had a very unreal view of fly fishing

Bloody unions.  :lol:

Incidentally, the author, Harry Plunket Greene died  19 August 1936. UK copyright law lasts for 70 years after the death of the holder, that means this book became free of copyright in 2006.   :8)

superscot

Thank you very much for that Fred will have a wee read up later on

Wildfisher

Quote from: superscot on August 06, 2015, 06:04:27 PM
Thank you very much for that Fred
Nae bother. I always try to be generous with other people's stuff.  :lol:

Go To Front Page