News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

9ft 4wt rods

Started by ColinM, April 12, 2017, 09:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinM

I'm looking to buy a 9ft 4wt rod to use mostly for fishing my local river. I mostly fish dry fly and like a soft mid tip action rod as I am not the world's best caster. Any recommendations would be very welcome.....I am not looking to spend a fortune.

Thanks.

Bobfly

Have a look at Shakespeare's Agility range. Not too pricey and nice to use. NOT fast stiff rods if you do not want that.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

alba

As bobfly said but probably the best performing rod I have owned was a wychwood trufly 8ft6 3/4 wt, beautiful to use and really well made for the money, that's been  my small stream rod for about 6 years now, nice soft action as well so would suit to a tee.

east wind

Quote from: ColinM on April 12, 2017, 09:54:30 PM
I'm looking to buy a 9ft 4wt rod to use mostly for fishing my local river. I mostly fish dry fly and like a soft mid tip action rod as I am not the world's best caster. Any recommendations would be very welcome.....I am not looking to spend a fortune.

Thanks.

From what you say I would suggest a Wychwood River & Stream or a Redington Classic/Tempt

You can pick up a Wychwood for £100-£130 and the Redington about £150 or sometimes less. The Redington 9ft #4 are a little hard to come by in the UK at the moment but John Norris have them in 8ft 6in #4
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

ColinM

Thanks for the help guys.....I will have a look at the Wychwood I think.

Go To Front Page