News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

How to cost Corsican dave 500 quid.......

Started by Lochan_load, May 16, 2017, 01:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

corsican dave

:lol:

beautiful. the £500 i could maybe go for. but did you see the import charges????  :shock:

on balance i'll take two weeks in spain instead :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

That's taking tackle tartery to new heights!    :lol:

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on May 16, 2017, 04:11:04 PM
That's taking tackle tartery to new heights!    :lol:
you should see the cost of the latest de jonge version  :shock: ($1400)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Highlander

Import Charges? Have not heard of that one. I have bought loads of things from the States over the years but have never paid import charges. This guy at it? It is after all a pre-owned reel. Anyone got any info on this. Is it just another name for Customs Duty? You will only pay that if you declare the correct or what you think is the correct value.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

corsican dave

Quote from: Highlander on May 16, 2017, 11:43:37 PM
Import Charges? Have not heard of that one. I have bought loads of things from the States over the years but have never paid import charges. This guy at it?@ It is after all a pre-owned reel. Anyone got any info on this. Is it just another name for Customs Duty? You will only pay that if you declare the correct or what you think is the correct value.

Tight Lines
i did wonder that myself, Alan. i wasn't too sure about import duty on second-hand goods either. as it is, the price is actually pretty comparable with a new, non-custom reel. if i had a bottomless bank balance i'd probably do it and get it sent to a mate in the states.

corsican dave

well, you'll probably all be amused to hear that i decided to go for it. we've got friends in the states so it could be sent there pending their next visit home. it's one of those lifetime reels at (arguably) a very decent price and i'm very unlikely to come across another. been thinking about it for days

bloody thing had sold this morning.... :(  :roll:  :lol:

oh well; i can feel a trip to extremadura coming on  :8)

Lochan_load

I felt I owed you one for egging me to buy Simms boots 😜 Which I wore for the first time yesterday and loved!

If I see another I'll let you know ;) it's a lot for a reel but to be fair for that reel the cost wasn't exorbitant.......thing of beauty as well!

corsican dave

i'm actually really annoyed with myself now. not the least because i know i'd have used it to its potential. hey ho... at least i'm still married  :lol:

Go To Front Page