News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

If only i had a spare 2.6 million!

Started by Lochan_load, August 11, 2017, 12:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

Quote from: admin on August 11, 2017, 04:31:54 PM
I can imagine;  but so has the  Dionard, it's not what it was. For a start  some of the vandals  who have owned it over more recent years have bulldozed a road up what was a pristine glen, only accessible by foot,  to facilitate access by modern fat arsed, lazy bastards of salmon fishers and pretend stalkers. It was not like that when Commander Fergusson owned it. Everything gets reduced to the lowest common denominator.

I have posted this before, but here is a grand tale  by Seton Gordon of salmon  fishing on the Dionard before it was vandalized.

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=6722.msg61035#msg61035
Lovely piece of writing, especially the bit about roses in December :)

superscot

Fished the Dionard river and loch many years ago when able and fit to do so, at some point the loch was shared between Gualin Estate &  Gobernuisgach Lodge and only through asking were we granted permission from Donald McDonald the keeper at the time at Gobernuisgach Lodge I have to say it was mostly midweek fishing as the people who had the lease on Gober and Loch Dionard fished it most weekends during the season. We always did the long walk in from the Gober end up Glen Golly and over Creag Staonsaid towards Loch Dionard. Nice hut/bothy but we always took our own tent in. Fair auld walk it was ........knackered when you eventually got there. Occasionally stopped off on route and fished a couple of lochs on route which shall remain nameless just check the route from the lodge to the loch and will not take  much to work out the lochs in question .............all we will say was pleasantly surprised ! Don't think the lochs had come across many fishers in a long while. If I mind back the lease on Gober was to a business man from the Edinburgh area and talked to him on the odd occasion ( full marbles in the mouth brigade ) only as he wished a wee report on how we were doing. Had all the trips from fish caught to weather and dates till a certain spaniel decided that the book seemed something good to chew and eat !!! Many memories passed oot its bloody arse, for trout fishing some fantastic lochs in and around that area. Hey, ask you might just get permission !

Would I buy it if I had the cash and money was no object you bet I would and of course invite all you lads to fish it for free     :D :D

[attachimg=1]     

Gober Lodge     

Wildfisher

Quote from: superscot on August 13, 2017, 05:03:36 PM
Would I buy it if I had the cash and money was no object you bet I would and of course invite all you lads to fish it for free     :D :D

Can I have first shot at Heather Point?   :lol:

Laxdale

Barry Stewart or something like that was the guys name.
Used to be chairman of the fishery board up here. A toff, but not a bad lad.

Wildfisher

superscot

QuoteBarry Stewart or something like that was the guys name.

Thats the very man .

Also remember the lease on the estate  coming up a few years back £20k a year if i mind !!!! nice if you have it

Hoolet

The lodge would make a good base for us, we should mibbees club together for ourselves... keep out the riff raff

Hoolet
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page