News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Leader Material

Started by caorach, July 17, 2018, 10:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caorach

Some may recall that a while back I was having problems with fluoro breaking on me, a few really strange breaks. I'd trailed fluoro twice: once many years ago when it came out and then for about 2 years recently. Needless to say I've moved on. However Gordon was saying that Yo-Zuri works well and in view of the fact that I had no other bright ideas I gave it a try and got on well with it. It works great for me and I tend to use it in 6lb for trout, 10lb for sea trout and 15lb for salmon.

However, it appears that it has pretty much vanished from the UK market and so has become difficult to get. If you are using it, or interesting in giving it a try, then I've found that you can get it on Amazon! It comes from the USA and is, mostly, available in 600 yard reels. I've just ordered some up, probably got enough to do me 10 years now, and it is good to report that a 600 yard reel of it was $15.45. While cost wasn't my reason for changing the difference in cost over the fluoro I was using would, when I finish the 600 yard spool, pay for a full price day at Grimersta with boat ghillie etc. Worth thinking about.

Out of interest I also got some 4lb Yo-Zuri. I rarely fish light and very much hold with Hugh Falkus that there is nothing sporting in leaving a hook in a fish but I know a few spots with clear water and might fancy a night out with a dry fly for one of the big fish that lurk. No idea if that plan will work but it sounds like fun. I can't comment on the 4lb stuff yet but the higher breaking strain stuff I simply can't fault.

Go To Front Page