News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rod sections completely stuck.

Started by SoldierPmr, August 05, 2018, 09:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

My 2wt has decided to be a c**t and glue 2 sections to them selves. I've tried behind the knees no luck. Tried fairy liquid wd40 heating the female cooling the male even both as the same time. Even gently placing a pair of pliers under the female joint and tapping with a hammer.

This thing will not move any of you guys got any ideas? Oh yea I also tried the partner pulling technique too.

haresear

When you say the partner pullingtrick...there is a better way than simply pulling.
You a nd your partner each take hold of BOTH sections. That way you are both pushing as well as pulling. I have never known it to fail.
Best of luck...

Alex
Protect the edge.

Bobfly

The way that Hardys / Grays do it is to get someone to hold the two parts, one in each hand and 2 feet apart. A second person then holds the middle at the join and both hands together and does a firm rolling motion slightly flexing the two stuck pieces at the middle. Gently but firmly roll over and over. Fingers crossed it will work. It always has for me !
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

free the bees

And try wearing rubber gloves when pulling. Massive help with grip.

Good luck

Highlander

I carry a couple of bits of bicycle inner tubing with me in my bag just for such a thing but your predicament is at best extreme. For future assuming you do get them loose smear the male ferrule with rub from a waxed candle or Orvis do a  product in a small tub which is said to help solve such an occurrence happening.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

SoldierPmr

In a last ditch effort I left it outside last night this morning it came apart with little effort  :shock:

corsican dave

funny how it goes, eh? i got into a dreadful funk out in Spain one year with exactly the same situation. then it just popped off an hour or so later. no rhyme or reason  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Bobfly

Looks like the Rod Fairy came in the night !

Billy

My Uncle always told me to rub the ferrule through my hair before making the joint.
I think the fact that he used brylcream helped but I was just going through the actions.
I suppose if you have greasy hair it helps.

Billy

Bobfly

I do the hair or forehead rub a lot. It does work I reckon. That said you could butter your bread off my forehead most days   :shock:
Candle wax was a treatment for slightly loose rod joints.

Go To Front Page