News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rod building

Started by Lochan_load, November 20, 2018, 05:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Cheers Allan.

I actually managed to get a brief cast with the new rod on Saturday morning. Picked up my ticket for the Haddow House Angling Club on my way home from taking our wee boy to swimming lessons. As we got home said wee boy started asking pointed questions about when I last took him fishing and how long ago it was and mentioning places I had taken him fishing and how good they were.

An hour later we were both in the car heading down to the river Ythan. it was blowing a bit of a hoolie and not too warm to boot so expectations were not high. However, we did manage one wee trout, with quite a silver colouration, on a wee stoats tail before the conditions and hunger got the better of my fishing partner.

The rod cast nicely, despite the wind. Our solitary fish was never in any danger of testing my build quality, however, one of the beauties of these fast glass rods is that they make the most of even small fish.

All in all chuffed to get out and catch something but need to get out for a better test of the rod.

Go To Front Page