News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Lakes

Started by superscot, June 25, 2019, 11:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

Just back from a 4 day break down in Keswick in the lake District a place I have to say never visited before. No fishing report as it was a rods free trip! We stayed at the Keswick Country house Hotel and have to say it was a very pleasant stay. No complaints whatsoever as the place was spotlessly clean staff polite and attentive and food piping hot. A stone throws away from Keswick village centre and central for a nice drive around the lakes. Plenty to do for all ages and planning to go back down later after the main holiday in a month or two and hopefully pack a couple of rods. Anyone fished this area before for some pointers .... 

Lochan_load

Funnily enough I'm heading there with the caravan Thursday morning. Nice town and like you say plenty in the area. Taking a fly rod and keeping my fingers crossed I can get a cast. Would like a go at the river derwent but no idea how to get a ticket, if anyone knows I'd be grateful. Done a quick google search but couldn't see much about it.

Bobfly

I expect John Norris in Penrith will be the.place to contact for a chat. Soldier Palmer, Liam, was there on the west side for many years. Been on the crags loads of times but not fished there.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Robbie

superscot

Many thanks for the info lads

Go To Front Page