News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Reels

Started by superscot, July 09, 2019, 10:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

Bought a couple of theses for the Trolling on Loch tay. Have used them before and work very well.
[attachimg=1] 

M-One UTD mooching reel from Daiwa® is the best hardware use. The UTD Carbon drag is smooth and fade free, with a one-way design lets you easily wind line regardless of drag setting. The stainless palming flange on the spool gives you added control of large fish, and the tough, lightweight composite body and spool holds lots of line. I-shaped handles are easy to grip and operate. Switchable from right to left hand retrieve.

Highlander

One of mine from way back. They are really quite good, simple but functional.

" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

fergie

I have the one highlander has loaded with lead core line. And just got a shimano moocher from a mate. I dont use them much but really should. My best trout from Lomond for a good few years came on one of them.

Those new daiwas are serious reels pure quality

superscot

Had two like highlanders and lent them out but alas never ever got them back 

Highlander

These new ones certainly look the part for . This type of centre pin are very popular in Canada where they are used for free lining a bait for West Coast Salmon. Abel & Islander make them but not cheap. Always fancied an Islander Fly Reel but wishful thinking on my part. Is a great sensation playing a fish on one of these with no gearing to go through
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

fergie

If this weather calms down I will give the shimano a go this weekend.  :D
Not been out in ages.

Go To Front Page