News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Intex inflatable mariner 4

Started by Captain conger, October 10, 2020, 10:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain conger

A couple of years ago on this forum I was given an inflatable mariner 4 for the price of a donation to the forum and a couple of beers.
This was to be the start of much good times floating about various waters and since then I have now got myself a bigger boat.
I would like to pass this opportunity on to anyone else who may be interested.
The gig is as follows.
You get the boat with outboard bracket, both in good used condition however the storage bag has seen better days and the oars were damaged by me over tightening.
You stick a coupla quid into the running of the forum.
If no one is interested then il look at passing it on else where but I thought I'd try and pass the favour on so to speak on here first.
Don't want to mention any names but you know who are and thanks a million.
I'm Glasgow based so would need to be reasonably close by cos it ain't fitting in a postbox.

Its Me

You've planted the seed, the temptation is their.
I done a Google search and 1.5 to 2hp engine is recommended but can it take a bigger Outboard likes of maybe 5hp and what's it like in a drift, steady, fast or just right.
Is it safe enough in a bit of a wind.
Just a couple of questions I had to ask.
   Cheers
           A

Captain conger

I used a 35lb thrust trolling motor and that purred it along enough to get out of trouble. A 5hp would probably be a bit heavy as the bracket hangs out a bit. Of hand a think can handle about 15kg.
It's pretty stable as far as inflatables go and only once did I have to about turn due to choppy waters.

Basically if your kicking about on the inland water with 2 bodies and gear you'll get a steady fast drift and common sense decides when it's to windy But it's never felt like it about to tip.

Go To Front Page