News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Well that's a first!

Started by Wildfisher, January 06, 2022, 04:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Just got my car insurance renewal quote. It was £26 less than last year. Usually there is a year on year price hike.

Apparently Boris brought out a new law that came in on January 1st  banning lower prices for new customers only. Certainly worked for me!   :D

Bobfly

~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

arawa

Just renewed my house policy that has increased by 9%. But I choose my insurance company on their claims record rather than just price so I will stick with them.
Also, they (NFU) were the only company prepared to insure a long-term empty house when I needed such cover.

arawa

Just had my car insurance renewal from NFU with a 50% increase from £300 to £450! No change in car, circumstances or any claims. Nor could they explain why there had been such a big increase but weirdly offered to reduce it by £50 if I increased my annual mileage from 12,000 to 14,000.
So just starting getting other quotes.

Its Me

My thinking has always been the more miles you drive the more chance of getting involved in an accident.
Obviously wrong again.
      A

Wildfisher

Quote from: Its Me on January 26, 2022, 12:59:14 PM
My thinking has always been the more miles you drive the more chance of getting involved in an accident.
Obviously wrong again.
      A

That's what I would have thought   :)

Bobfly

Because of reduced mileages Direct Line brought in a note of starting mileage, an expected annual mileage and a year end reading which could then generate a partial refund.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

arawa

According to the agent, and this might not be correct but it is what he said ::), it is because if the car is being used a lot it is less likely to be stolen from outside my house!

I have double checked and it was confirmed that the premium is £450pa for 12,000 miles and £400pa for 14,000 miles. Direct line has quoted me £301 for 12,000 miles.

Go To Front Page