News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Orvis

Started by Wildfisher, January 22, 2022, 07:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I heard Orvis is closing all its retail outlets. Sad, but a sign of the times.

burnie

I was a regular at the Banchory shop and visited the Edinburgh one too, I have a fair bit of their clothing, good stuff, well made though a tad pricey. I miss going to the shop over the Cairn O'mount.

Wildfisher

I used the Banchory shop now and then too. Dead handy being able to try boots etc on. Have to admit I didn't go often though

arawa

Orvis sizing is so hit and miss I will not buy their clothing without trying it on. Hope they keep the London shop at least.

emc

Read today that they're closing down in London too.

Wildfisher

Only Stockbridge on The Test staying open apparently

burnie

Orvis own some of the river fishing down there, makes our Salmon prices look quite small.

arawa

Just been speaking to a member of the always helpful Orvis customer service team. She sorted out a glitch with my order and then we chatted.
No more clothing stock coming across to the UK and just selling off existing stock. She and all her colleagues are losing their jobs starting in the near future.

Wildfisher

It's sad to see people losing tier jobs. Who would ever have thought that of Orvis

arawa

Email just received from Orvis:

To our Orvis UK family,
In 1982 my parents moved to Nether Wallop, a small town southwest of Andover, to open the Orvis UK business. Since that day, we have felt a unique connection to our UK customers and feel so fortunate to have built special relationships with all of you over a 40-year period.
In this spirit I wanted to take a moment to inform you personally of noteworthy changes happening in 2022.
Orvis was born as a fly-fishing company, and for 165 years, through many evolutions, we have always tried to hold true to that legacy. It is with that context that I share the news that Orvis has made the strategic decision to refocus the UK business solely on our fly-fishing heritage and the products and services you've always come to expect in the UK. Our fishing products will be available through our Orvis.co.uk website, our retail store in Stockbridge, and our network of dealers in the country. The Orvis Adventures business will continue with the services provided at the fishing beats on the Test and the Itchen.
•   Our retail store footprint will condense to just our Stockbridge location. This will mean we will be closing all other stores throughout the month of March.
•   After March 13, the Orvis.co.uk website will transition to only fishing products (Product categories outside of fishing will only be available at Orvis.com ).
While focusing on fly fishing and the core of the brand helps uphold our brand's legacy, we also understand that many of you will be asked to transition to a new way of shopping our other products. We want to invite you to take advantage of the convenience and savings on Orvis.co.uk and our local retail stores during the upcoming weeks. There are substantial discounts, both in stores and online, while we transition our stock in these categories, and we hope you find an Orvis product that inspires you and connects you with the natural world.
Thank you for your patronage over the years. We value the relationships we've built with so many of you, and we can't wait to share in more adventures going forward. Although we will miss the moments we got to share with you in many of our retail store locations, we look forward to seeing you in our Stockbridge store, online at Orvis.co.uk, or an Orvis dealer for all your fishing needs, either as an avid angler or one just starting their fly-fishing journey. And we look forward to seeing you on Orvis.com for everything else that our brand can offer you.
Thanks for being a valued part of the Orvis family.
Sincerely,
Simon Perkins   

Go To Front Page