News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

GAC latest catalogue

Started by Highlander, January 29, 2022, 01:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Is it just me or has there been a big hike in prices. Not just on a few items but across the board. Also note on he front page  quotes 1.000s of new items. other than a few it looks like much of the same stuff as before.
A wee question why do firms have just about everything as £100.99. Not the £100 but the 99p. GAC & they are not alone have just about everything like that. I have always wondered why. Sure some of you marketing people can tell me.
last question
How may fly reel or lines can we buy. A rough count there are over 80 fly reels on offer & that does not count size & colour combinations of the same reel similar with fly lines. We wont go down the rod route but you get my drift. Enquiring minds & all that.
Been a slow week   ;)
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Everything is up in price across the board Alan.
The bill has arrived for having millions of people sitting at home on their arses being paid for doing nothing for 2 years.

Highlander

Your probably right Fred. Still plenty of choices for a new reel there Fred for your new to come rod. Think a traditional reel might suit the bill. Well your choice.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Fishtales

I was told the .99p was so that the till had to be opened to give change and the sales assistant couldn't just pocket the money  :(
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

One person in retail said to me it's just phycology

£99.99 is under £100 while £100 is not!  Folk just look at the digits to the left of the decimal point.   :)

Wildfisher

Quote from: Highlander on January 29, 2022, 02:11:38 PM
Still plenty of choices for a new reel there Fred for your new to come rod.

The choice is overwhelming Alan. Sometimes when I have too much choice I end up choosing nothing.  ;D

Go To Front Page