News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Grockle Wagons On The Move

Started by Wildfisher, February 23, 2024, 04:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Loads of them in Arbroath today. Spring must be just around the corner!  ;D 

Laxdale

I passed a couple of manky old conversion jobs, one lorry, one van, in Stornoway today. None of "tourists" looked like they had seen a bar of soap this millennium.

Wildfisher

With the lack of affordable accommodation  you can understand why they are so popular, but they are still a plague.

arawa

Last week I saw a pair parked overnight in a flooded lay-by with snow falling. Rather you than me was my thought!

Wildfisher

Quote from: arawa on February 24, 2024, 01:39:49 PMRather you than me was my thought!
I can't imagine they would be much fun for more than a night or two. Maybe a week maximum if you had one like Nicola Sturgeon's - the £110K Niesmann Bischoff "Independence".

I'll let you know if she ever turns up in Arbroath!  ;D

Bobfly

We had a campervan in NZ for a month, Nth island and Sth. 3,000 miles and a great trip. Shifted on every couple of days.
Campervan in Tasmania too and the same Toyota Hilux base vehicle. Really enjoyed both holidays going where we wanted to go and lots of good campsites.
Spent years wondering about a standard VW here but stick with cottage bases or climbing club meets at big lodges or whole bunkhouse bookings.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

As I said above, with the lack of affordable accommodation one can see the attraction of the Grockle Wagon, I often considered one myself in the wild days before I had kids, but even then I was smart enough to realise it would soon become a very expensive and little used novelty.

Fishtales

The strangest thing at the moment are these roof tents. I can't see the point of getting somewhere, climbing on top of the car to set it up and get into it and then can't use the car again until it is time to move on. Much easier to set a tent up beside the car and then you can use the car to get about. I hate to think what it would be like in a high wind.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Sean Freeman

I'm looking at one of these, prices released next month. Should be good on juice and enable me to do overnighters on the Clyde and Annan. I've done day trips to them before but it's exhausting!
IMG_8812.jpg
IMG_8810.jpg

Wildfisher

That looks good Sean, very inconspicuous. Let's just say normal Grockle Wagons are not too poplar with locals in the H&I but that would do the job admirably. 

Go To Front Page