News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Grockle Wagons On The Move

Started by Wildfisher, February 23, 2024, 04:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Freeman

Quote from: Wildfisher on February 25, 2024, 11:40:20 AMThat looks good Sean, very inconspicuous. Let's just say normal Grockle Wagons are not too poplar with locals in the H&I but that would do the job admirably. 

I hate them with a passion myself tbh. They've ruined the experience of the highlands in places. I head up there to get away from the entitled arseholes I deal with daily, since lockdown the countryside has been invaded by them.

Dacia seem to do decent motors these days, I like it as it's a bit of a stealth camper, probably not ideal for a week away but for a quick two day trip it's spot on. Could also see a use when we head up to Caithness as it'll get up the rough tracks no bother and could stay overnight to fish the mornings and evenings on more remote lochs.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Sean Freeman on February 25, 2024, 01:09:26 PMDacia seem to do decent motors these days
Mate of mine has had several - Duster, Stepway etc. Loves them.

arawa

When fishing on North Uist, another angler had a tiny Renault-based campervan that looked like a plain van. It squeezed in a fixed single-berth and a cooker plus a porta potty (although how the latter could be used was beyond my imagination!). The owner said he spent several weeks at a time fishing across the Highlands in his camper with an occasional night-stop at hotels for a shower etc.
I have an inflatable mattress that makes a decent flat bed in the back of my Forester but my roughing it days are largely over 😳.

Fishtales

My Peugeot 807 is big enough to sleep in but I have never needed to. I can see where it would be convenient if I ever had to.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Grockle Wagons are a lot like salmon. You get a few early on in the year but the main runs come later in the season.  ;D

Bobfly

Difficult now to get a car where the rear seats can be taken out. I had a VW Sharan and then a virtually identical Seat Alhambra where all rear seats came out giving 7ft 6inches of flat floor. Excellent for sleeping in, even with a fully inflated float tube as well!

Now using a Skoda Karoq with all three rear seats removable again giving a long flat floor and only a little bit shorter. Seats already taken out for the season coming. Also takes three of the very big builders bags filled with hedge trimmings so plenty versatility. Plus there is a spare wheel !
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page