News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

a new cheap rod

Started by dseabass, December 15, 2008, 04:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dseabass

broke the top section of my old faithful airflo classic ---its the one that comes with me on all nighters when we tend to abuse mr white and mr mackay  :lol: :lol:  ---had it about 9 years and always found it a pretty good all-rounder 9ft #5-6 wt  --mucking about on e.bay saw this rod --SPRING CREEK 9ft  3pc #5-6 wt    ---4 mins to go  --got it for ?24.99 inc pp   -----no idea what its like but at that price it will get some use and i wont burst in to tears if a trip walkin through heather , fall in a ditch etc and break it  ----still dont know wether it was a bargain ---could be a total bucket a crap --  still a suppose if a think it was a bargain then ---its a bargain  ----ive tried wands that cost an arm and a leg ,and yip they are good ---but i still think you can adapt to any rod after a spell  ----and surely any of these modern rods are gonna be better than some of the old fibreglass heavy f#ckers from yester-year -----tried everywhere to try and get a replacement for the old classic but no joy  :(

dseabass

thought about that ---dont have the reciept or warranty ---sent an e mail to them but no reply ----was,nt even going to think about another rod --but when a saw that offer ---well !!!   just have to wait and see what its like ---probably take it to tarvie next week  i think the mates fancy a bow hunt out in the boats ----gettin fed up throwin lumps of deid fish at pike  :lol:

sandyborthwick

I've seen good things written about them saying that they are excellent value for money and that they perform as well as many other big name rods with serious price tickets. Of course its all hear say but as you say at that money there's no big risk.

I was looking at them myself for exactly that reason.

Sandy B.O.

thewaterbouys

You wont be disapointed with the springcreek Young Andrew got one at the start of the season and was very pleased with it he got it for ?13 + ?9.50 postage and packaging. The Flextech rod 5-6 jsut as good if not better than springcreek for the same price i think its a cracking rod.
Henry :D

Go To Front Page