News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Fish Tank One Of N
Last post by Fishtales - Today at 09:05:55 AM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Yesterday at 09:16:14 PMThe light unit has a built in controller and there is a phone app. to program it with. You can set colour temp. on-off cycles, luminosity, ramp-up and ramp down etc etc. You can even create lightning storms!  ::)

All a bit overwhelming to be honest.  ;D

Set the light to suit the plants and/or fish species I suppose :)
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 09:16:14 PM
Quote from: Fishtales on Yesterday at 08:19:32 PMGet a timer for the lights if they don't have one.

The light unit has a built in controller and there is a phone app. to program it with. You can set colour temp. on-off cycles, luminosity, ramp-up and ramp down etc etc. You can even create lightning storms!  ::)

All a bit overwhelming to be honest.  ;D
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 09:08:08 PM
Quote from: Jon on Yesterday at 08:39:55 PMThinking these could be an interesting tank in habitant?

https://www.morphmarket.com/all/c/reptiles/crocodilians

I'll take 3 and make it snappy!  ;D
Last post by Jon - Yesterday at 08:39:55 PM
Thinking these could be an interesting tank in habitant?

https://www.morphmarket.com/all/c/reptiles/crocodilians
Last post by Fishtales - Yesterday at 08:19:32 PM
Get a timer for the lights if they don't have one. Having it set for a specific length of on will be easier than manual. The fish get used to it too. If I go into the shed fifteen minutes before the lights go off all the fish are settling down for the night. If I go in fifteen or so minutes after the lights come on they are all swimming about but looking dopey. There are no windows in the tank so I have a night light on a timer that comes on before the tank lights go out otherwise it would be pitch black :)
Last post by Bobfly - Yesterday at 07:58:20 PM
All this mighty complicated aquarium tanks business reminds me of my teenage dentist called Chong Kwang in Dunfermline. He had a big tank in the waiting room where the stars of the tank amongst the fishes were two little terrapins barely more than 2 inches long.
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 07:23:10 PM
Tank 1, stage 1 complete. Installed, filled, checked for function and leaks, drained and dried.

Stage 2 begins tomorrow.

b2024f12-3d51-4619-8a6b-4b2ffd97b166.jpg
Open Board / Re: Whisky Reviews
Last post by SoldierPmr - Yesterday at 12:50:56 AM
Funny enough I had a glass of Campbeltown loch tonight. It's not a bad whisky at all but I can see where you are coming from it doesn't stand out to me.

How long had the Arran 17 been open for could it be that air has killed it?
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: The Medicine Cabinet!
Last post by Jon - May 11, 2024, 02:31:09 PM
eSHa 2000 and eSHa Exit.

These are easily the best white spot and bacterial meds available to Joe Public. And they'll cover the most common ailments.

But as I alluded too in another post, keep the tank clean and you should avoid bacterial and fungal issues. :)
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / The Medicine Cabinet!
Last post by Wildfisher - May 11, 2024, 02:19:15 PM
Which medications / treatments should a fish keeper always have ready at home?
Go To Front Page