News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnie

I used to drink Bourbon in my yoof, but find it a bit too sweet and a bit syrupy these days, I keep meaning to try some, just not got roundtuit.

superscot

Had this a few years now and kids up from down south along with grand kids so why not !bottle.jpg

arawa

Quote from: burnie on May 27, 2023, 10:07:25 PMI used to drink Bourbon in my yoof, but find it a bit too sweet and a bit syrupy these days, I keep meaning to try some, just not got roundtuit.
I am the other way around. Having drunk malts (often quite decent ones) most of my life  I have moved over almost completely to bourbons. I drink it with HUGE ice cubes.

arawa

Quote from: superscot on May 27, 2023, 10:12:08 PMHad this a few years now and kids up from down south along with grand kids so why not !bottle.jpg
Notwithstanding what I said about bourbons 😀 Glendronach is one of my favourite distilleries. Enjoy!

burnie

Quote from: arawa on May 27, 2023, 10:55:49 PMI am the other way around. Having drunk malts (often quite decent ones) most of my life  I have moved over almost completely to bourbons. I drink it with HUGE ice cubes.
Southern Comfort on the rocks was the go to bird pulling cool drink in the '60's for lads to drink, funnily enough it doesn't seem to work any more, must be the drink........................... 8)

arawa

Quote from: burnie on May 28, 2023, 06:45:33 PMSouthern Comfort on the rocks was the go to bird pulling cool drink in the '60's for lads to drink, funnily enough it doesn't seem to work any more, must be the drink........................... 8)
My then girlfriend used to drink Brandy and Babycham. 50 years of marriage has cured her of that ;D

Wildfisher

My son brought me a bottle of "Ben Lomond" malt today. First dram I have had for a long time. Rather nice!  :)

superscot

Fred the odd one will do you no harm ......enjoy

Wildfisher

Quote from: superscot on August 12, 2023, 08:36:46 PMFred the odd one will do you no harm ......enjoy

Everything in moderation Colin. My dram was Loch Lomond (12 year old), not Ben Lomond as I said above.  ;)

superscot

Tonights dram of choice one from the SMWS i have had for a while and never opened

Ardmore 2007 SMWS 66.175

Whiskybase ID
    WB164822
Category
    Single Malt
Distillery
    Ardmore
Bottler
    The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
Bottling serie
    From Arbroath to Bogota
Vintage