News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Wild Fishing Forum Is Now Multi-Lingual

Started by Wildfisher, November 19, 2012, 10:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: Inchlaggan on November 19, 2012, 01:03:53 PM
Wee Eccius

Thank god for that, I thought you were about to say Bwigus Dwickus  :lol:

Ripple

Quote from: admin on November 19, 2012, 12:42:03 PM
I suppose we should make it clear that all replies must be in English otherwise our moderation team - Sandy and Malcolm are going to be awfy busy.   :lol:

lol

Great addition and most helpful (y)

Wildfisher

Thanks Christine.

It would be easy to fill the forum with bells and whistles, but this is something I have consciously avoided from day one as they are nothing more than an attempt to distract users' attention from lack of substance.

This translator, however,  might be genuinely useful and it is most certainly unobtrusive.

burnie

Quote from: admin........  the next was to get rid of some members who were blatantly and publicly encouraging fishing without permission, using foul language and indulging in behavior that might  bring our excellent and respected community into disrepute.

Don't tell anyone, but I think you might have missed a few there Fred................. :8)

Wildfisher

Quote from: burnie on November 19, 2012, 06:53:08 PM
Don't tell anyone, but I think you might have missed a few there Fred................. :8)

PM me their names. .........................    :lol:

Wildfisher

That's it! Those bloody Vikings again!  :lol:

Malcolm

Quote from: guest on November 19, 2012, 07:41:36 PM
:lol: :lol:

As for 'whumper' it needs no translation - and if Alan didn't coin the phrase I put it to you it was our viking cousins.   :D

http://translate.google.co.uk/#es/sv/whumper

Nope, it's pure Weegie,  That was the term used up at the Bawrheid dams when I was a teenager for anything over about 12oz. Hadn't heard it for ages, not having lived in Glesga since the 70s, until I read it on the forum a couple of years back.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

Weegie eh?  :shock:

Fachan was right,  the  radar is set a bit high.    :lol:

Traditionalist

It makes the page jump about at every load or refresh and every time one clicks on a forum etc.  This is probably due to the insertion mode, which adds a line, ( and subtracts one) every time something is chosen.  Quite disconcerting, I don't like things that blink and wobble! :)

Wildfisher

That's odd, it works perfectly here Mike. It does translate every age on demand, so perhaps some movement is inevitable. Should not be an issue for you anyway as you can read perfectly well in English.  :D

Go To Front Page