News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Forum Quiz System – Great New Integrated Forum Feature

Started by Wildfisher, November 27, 2012, 11:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

In keeping with the forum policy of continual development that has kept us flying  high for almost 10 years,  I  have added another  great new feature.  Viewable and playable by registered members only, the Quiz pages can be opened from the menu bar.

[attachimg=1]

Quizes are listed in bulk or they can be displayed by category by using the sub-menus on the right.

[attachimg=2]

Once selected  you start the quiz by clicking the start button

[attachimg=3]

The software  keeps league tables, scores etc.  Remember above all this is just a bit of fun.  We can design our own quizzes but to get started I have imported a bunch of off the shelf quizzes.

There are no deadlines or set play times. You can play if and when you choose, you don't have to set aside a special time. Just do your own thing!

To thwart Mr Google each question has a 20 second answer deadline and you can play each quiz once only. I think most quizzes are multiple choice, but I have not checked them all obviously

If you have ideas for quizzes please post and let me know.

You can also look here ----

https://bitbucket.org/emanuele_smf_projects/smf-quiz/wiki/Home

----  and suggest new  material that we can import from the large "off the shelf"  quiz archive

Many  thanks to the talented developers who freely give their time to selflessly provide us with great fun add ons like these. Having produced an SMF mod (Move Theatre) myself I know the amount of work involved.

Otter Spotter

F*%^ing Brilliant Fred!!!
Ideal for a slow news day in the office!!
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Wildfisher

Thanks Scott,  but the credit is not mine!   :D

I only installed it, the real heroes are the developers who do this stuff for free. It is indeed brilliant.  :8)

Wildfisher

There may be some teething issues, please let me know if you find any. We can fix these things as we go along.   :8)

I can see the Wild Fishing Forum being responsible for  even more drops in productivity from businesses across the globe with this one!   :lol:

Wildfisher

In case you were wondering the new member  "WFF Quiz" is  a dummy member I have created to be the "owner"  of the imported quizzes. If I had used my own ID I wouldn't have been able to play myself.  :8)

Wildfisher

I have added  a league

Wild Fishing Forum Whumper-Quiz Meister League

I'm not sure how it works but I think it generates quizzes from random questions from all categories and I think you can play once per day.  I'm sure we will learn as we go along.  :D

Are you a Wild Fishng Froum Whumper-Quiz Meister ?  :lol:

Wildfisher

OK, got it (I think).   :8)

The Wild Fishing Forum Whumper-Quiz Meister League

25 random questions from all categories
You get 30 seconds to answer each  question
You can play in the Wild Fishing Forum Whumper-Quiz Meister League once per day 

The league stats are automatically updated every day. This software is good.  :8)

Wildfisher

This is not easy. The 20 second limit really makes the quizzes tough especially if the questions are long...................  !  :lol:

Wildfisher

The UK economy has just gone back into recession due to the time being spent on our quiz site  :lol:

Inchlaggan

same problem here, cannot access the league and demonstrate my stupidity....
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Go To Front Page