News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Forum Quiz System – Great New Integrated Forum Feature

Started by Wildfisher, November 27, 2012, 11:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alancrob

General Knowledge 4 - I got 5 wrong on spelling and 1 wrong for putting the numeral answer instead of spelling it!

A.

Midgie Hater

Quote from: Inchlaggan on November 27, 2012, 06:33:54 PM
Plenty of annoying barstewards sending me PM's boasting that they know more sh!t than I do though.

Yeah me too Andy - mostly you and Ken  :lol:  (no idea how to switch it off though...)

Midgie Hater

Quote from: alancrob on January 22, 2014, 12:27:41 AM
I got 5 wrong on spelling and 1 wrong for putting the numeral answer instead of spelling it!

A.

That's happened to me a few times too Alan  :roll:

Btw - has anyone else disputed an answer at any point? I've done it at least three times because, well, the proffered answers were wrong! One case that springs to mind was the U2 quiz. What happens when an answer is disputed and the disputer found to be right? Do we get the extra point for being correct, and a bonus point for being a confounded know-it-all? ;)

Wildfisher

For some reason I don't get notification of disputes or new member submitted quizzes  :?

As far as disputes go,  to be honest I don't have the time or the inclination  to get involved in endless full stop removal / spelling mistake corrections / wrong / right disputes  etc. After all it's only a bit of fun and if you are the competitive type you can  console yourself with the fact that these occasional errors disadvantage everyone equally.  I'm just grateful that there are people out there who are willing to expend a not inconsiderable amount of time and energy writing code and composing quizzes for us to amuse ourselves with, all free of charge.

Midgie Hater

No it's ok Fred. I was just curious. It's obvious that you've more-than-enough to do already! :) And yes it's definitely a bit of fun at the end of the day and a nice bonus feature for an already excellent forum. (is that enough schmoozing? ;)  )

SoldierPmr

I seem to be getting abit of a bug no matter what quiz I click it says I've already done it and can not redo although I havn't done one.  :?

Go To Front Page