News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Member Designed Quizzes

Started by Wildfisher, December 05, 2012, 11:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Seems I know less about Genesis than I thought I did ........................................    :(

Midgie Hater

I tried not to make it difficult but tbh I thought it might prove a little trickier than an "easy" rating ;)  It's hard to judge these things when designing and rating them though. I've done a few pub quizzes in the past and it's amazing what people know - and sometimes what they don't! For instance I've bombed on a couple of forum quizzes when I thought "this is right up my street"! I just wish there was a way to cover one's tracks but the trail of shame remains for all to see! ;)

Wildfisher

a new quiz has been added by Inchlaggen - "Theme tunes"   :D

Midgie Hater

"Write the feem tewn, sing the feem tewn".

Wildfisher

My performance in "Theme tunes" was embarrassing, even the ones I got right were mainly lucky guesses.  I'm really quite glad in a way though.    :lol:

Inchlaggan

Quote from: admin on January 08, 2014, 05:18:34 PM
My performance in "Theme tunes" was embarrassing, even the ones I got right were mainly lucky guesses.  I'm really quite glad in a way though.    :lol:
Perhaps, but the interesting thing is that if it had been put up as a sound quiz- play you 20 seconds of the tune and ask you to name the programme- you'd have gotten most of them.  I Googled one on the basis that it was a very memorable theme and was astounded on discovering what it's proper title was.
A quick one here- no Google allowed- name the "Son" in "Steptoe and Son"?
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

haresear

You mean 'arold? Harry H Corbett.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Inchlaggan

Quote from: haresear on January 08, 2014, 06:20:03 PM
You mean 'arold? Harry H Corbett.

Alex
Straight into the trap, it is Albert, Harold was the grandson of the Steptoe in question.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

haresear

Quote from: Inchlaggan on January 08, 2014, 06:33:34 PM
Straight into the trap, it is Albert, Harold was the grandson of the Steptoe in question.

:lol: :lol: Done like a kipper :D

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

A new quiz has been added by Midgie Hater.

"The music of The Smiths"

Test your knowledge of the singles, albums and lyrics of one of the most iconic "indie" bands of the 1980s

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?action=SMFQuiz;sa=categories;id_quiz=159

Go To Front Page