News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Favourite Scottish Bothies

Started by Wildfisher, December 22, 2012, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part-time

Quite a difference from the way bothies are treated elsewhere. I caught part of a tv programme recently (might have been Countryfile or similar) about mountain huts in northern Norway or Sweden. Run by their equivelant of the MBA and stocked with food, fuel and supplies; just take what you need and payment on an honesty basis. Also has all the cleaning equipment for you to tidy up when you leave.

I've never stayed in a bothy, mainly because the few I've seen were in a bit of a state which has put me off the idea. 

Wildfisher

Quote from: guest on March 03, 2013, 10:01:42 PM
Very disappointing to see folk that make the effort to travel for several hours by car and then hike in just to be complete arses when they get there.

Yes it's a real shame and as pointed out in a previous post it seems to be cultural; angling too has more than its fair share of these idiots.

sinbad

I was at the bothy last summer and it was litter free. Hope you were unlucky  :( Sb.

sinbad

Thats a shame i hope you had a wee word with Ba***ds  :( Sb.

Wildfisher

Let's go out into the wilds, get pished, make a nuisance of ourselves and ruin things for everyone else.

How Scottish!   :roll:

No wonder some  landowners don't want the public having access to their land. Corndavon bothy in Glen Gairn  was closed, by the estate and the police, because of this kind of nonsense. Track straight to it, gates easily bypassed with motor  bikes. In  that case easy access meant it was trashed.

Wildfisher

Quote from: guest on March 04, 2013, 09:28:48 AM
.......so what about the cooker then? :lol:

Well, unless there is a wind farm nearby it's not going to be much use. Don't throw it away though, just hold on a month or two and one will appear.

Wildfisher

Gas! Send it up to the Crask. Lots of gas  there.  Mainly methane from the bullshit  :lol:

deergravy

Quote from: Alan on December 31, 2012, 11:42:14 PM
only one i know but equipped with everything..

Strathcailleach on the Parph.  Wierd place, situated in precisely the middle of nowhere, unless you're a cleg, in which case it's the big apple.
The hermit who lived there covered the walls in strange, visionary paintings. Interesting bit of folk-art and not a little spooky.

Go To Front Page