News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Your Worst Ever New Year Hangover

Started by Wildfisher, January 01, 2013, 09:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

OK, time to own up, when was it, how long did it last and what if any were the long term implications?   :lol:

Mine is easy. 1971, I had just turned 18 and in the best Scottish tradition we started drinking about 7 PM on Hogmanay. I can vaguely remember the bells and the festivities in Kirk Square Arbroath. Then waking up  in bed. I had been carried home. I was ill for 2 days, an I mean I'll. Dark rum was the main culprit and I have never had a drop since, in fact, for years after,  even just thinking about it made me sick. These days I am usually asleep well before midnight!   :lol:

hopper

Well it's not this morning, think might have been when i was 12 the parents had all gathered in one house and we all played in the next door house we found tins of pale ale and a bottle of sherry which was downed by the four of us hangover for two days, i think the parents always new we were hungover but could we ask for any thing to help with the sore head.

superscot

Dark Rum and cans of cider .....oh and forgot the blackcurrant in both of them ....making me bloody boke even thinking of it ..Biggest back hander of ma maw ever !...never to be repeated ever again  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well a was 23 at the time  !  :makefun :makefun :makefun

Billy

It was at a party in Johnstone. Vodka and orange was the poison and I've never touched it since. It was three days at least before I felt right.

Billy

Go To Front Page