News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Urban fly fishing with a difference

Started by Wildfisher, January 06, 2013, 04:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I think this is probably the river Avon, a spring creek style river that runs right though Christchurch NZ.

Suburban fly fishing.....In New Zealand

keithfish

Enjoyed that oh to fish where a good wee one is 4lb :shock:   

Wildfisher

Can you imagine what that river would be like if it flowed through a Scottish city? These fish would be netted and flogged for buckie money. That assumes of course you could get the nets past the shopping trolleys, traffic cones and car tyres.   :lol:

superscot

Aye what could be and should be here in Scotland ! But we all know that is just never gonna happen.

haresear

He does very nice understated videos does Kevin O'Hanlon. It does look like the Avon to me too.

I thought the wee man cast very well and played a fish like a pro. Very impressive.

The rivers on the west coast look quite a bit different at the moment..... http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/washed-bridge-likely-reopen-tuesday-5312791
Fred knows this one at larry's creek very well too...  http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10857313

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Aye Alex,  by the look of the bridge at Harihari it would be woolly buggers only on Berry Creek.  :lol:

That's all on a different scale from the Rest and Be Thankful.  :roll:  What amazes me is how quickly  the  Kiwis  just get on with tackling these things. Massive floods hit the west coast last Christmas / New Year too. John said there was water running  through Ikamatua. The Grey was crap for fishing after that as all the invertebrates were washed out and the fish were like eels. This won't help. Maybe you should  stick to the rivers farther east or go south  after this happening. At least it  should clear out any didymo. NZ is an incredible place, so extreme, but there is so much world class fishing you will always find something. . Can you imagine the diversion heading north from Harihari right now?  :shock:

Go To Front Page