News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What is it?

Started by Wildfisher, January 31, 2013, 03:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Came across these in various places along the banks of the Lunan water while dug-walking. They have a large  screw-off lid, and are 1/2 full of grain. On the bottom  they have a device as illustrated. Pheasant feeders perhaps? Anyone seen them elsewhere?  I certainly have not some across anything like them before.

[attachmg=1]

[attachmg=2]

Inchlaggan

You are correct- pheasant feeders.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

I thought so. Very considerate  really, giving  them a good feed before  they are blasted to smithereens.  :lol:    Avian stockie bashing.

bibio1

Last day today. They'll get  a good feed before the foxes get them

scotgillespie

Not seen them on such a big drum - think Solway Feeders sell the spring for these.

A good option for hens too.

Wildfisher

When I first saw them I thought it was something "agricultural"  them being on the rough ground at  the edge of fields. When I screwed off the lid to have a look inside I expected chemicals or something, but had not looked at the feeder on the bottom at that point.

hopper

Think the pheasant season ends tomorrow, so now you will see them strutting about all over the place including the road where they become kamikaze

Wildfisher

Quote from: hopper on January 31, 2013, 07:07:00 PM
including the road where they become kamikaze

Tell me about it and once the breeding season starts the cock birds go into overdrive, even  challenging cars. I once vaporized one in Glenshee. Cost me a small fortune for a new headlight!

burnie

If you go down to the railway bridge Fred you will see some of the rearing pens.There's some duck flighting ponds on the other side of the field too,never seen anyone shooting in the area,so I guess the Geddes organisation just like rearing them.

Wildfisher

I wouldn't have a clue  how to fillet one Jim.  :D

Go To Front Page