News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

LomondandLeven Forum

Started by 13Fisher1, February 10, 2013, 07:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13Fisher1

I recently joined the LomondandLeven forum since I intend spending more time this year fishing this system. First impressions are that this is not a patch in terms of quality of information sharing & exchange as the Wildfisher forum. That's fine I realise that the value add and quality of information will vary from forum to forum BUT what disappointed me most were the foul mouthed personal exchanges and attacks between "members" who "apparently" share a common interest. I'm no prude but must admit was disappointed to see this public profanity between members - not sure where the moderator fits in this?

Anyhow I can hear some of you say - simple don't view or participate in this forum then.

The main reason I raise this is that it struck home the very good, mostly value added, respectful and useful contributions, exchanges and operation of the wildfisher forum. I guess this is down to each of you, plus the admin & moderator work and efforts and the common interest shared by its members leading by their experience and examples that is freely shared.
Thank you

Wildfisher

Quote from: 13Fisher1 on February 10, 2013, 07:27:54 PM
First impressions are that this is not a patch in terms of quality of information sharing & exchange as the Wildfisher forum.
None are, but this is the gold standard we have here.  :8)

No shit whatsoever is tolerated here as some, including a few prima donas who mistakenly thought  they might be above it,  discovered. 

Malcolm

I haven't been on there for well over a year. There are some absolute nutters amongst its members and that is being polite. 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

fergie

Id never even heard of it untill now. Must have a look in sometime.

rubberwellie

I had no idea a lomond and leven forum even existed, I'll need to pop my head in and check it out, I wouldn't have high hopes for it all the same.  The salmon forum banned all mention of the lomond system a few years back because of all the bickering and infighting it caused.  There was a big split in the angling club / association about the way it was run which led to the old committee stepping down, that's about as much as I know but it is / has been very political and is probably best left well alone.

It has to be remembered that the lomond system is a big system and it's all association water which is right slap bang in the middle of one of Scotland's most deprived areas.  Add to this the fact that salmon runs have been in decline for years and you can understand why it has been the source of a lot of tension.  Having said that hopefully the worst of it is in the past and better days lie ahead.
Let them go.

Fishtales

A forum is only as good as its members. Good members make a good forum. As part of the admin team we have very little to do on here which is fine by me.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Quote from: fishtales on February 10, 2013, 10:41:27 PM
A forum is only as good as its members. Good members make a good forum.

Exactly and no single person is indispensable, not even me although I do understand that might be  hard to believe    :lol:   Graveyards up and down the land are packed with indispensable administrators.   :D

Seriously though, Sandy is right, it's all about the members, nothing else matters,  no members = no community.

13Fisher1

Checked LomondandLeven forum for news of opening day today and nothing but public slanging matches - no info whatsoever about opening day ceremony! Think I,ll give this a miss and be grateful for excellent our s such as this!

Not one to sit on the fence, my first and probably last post;

"As a new joiner, I had rather hoped and been led to understand that this forum was about a common interest and information concerning fishing? Sadly it seems that I am mistaken as content seems to be predominantly profanity and slagging each other off."

Malcolm

I was down for an all of an hour today. Bitterly cold and I was too late for the opening ceremony to boot. I believe there were a couple of kelts caught today, first was on the fly up at the Stuckie bridge. I saw a picture taken by Ronnie the Bailiff. There won't be anything like numbers getting caught until about May - which can be a great month for salmon. depending on water height
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

fergie

Good to see you got out for a cast malcolm. Glad im not the only nutter on here who was out. It ceryanly was freezing . But worth it.

Go To Front Page